Cincinnati ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Cincinnati ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Skyline Chili is the chili equivalent of Deep Dish pizza from Little Caesars.
  2. Can you imagine what it'll be like once Bouknight figures out that BOTH halves count?
  3. Bouk's stunning move around Cumberland for the lay in at a little under 9 minutes left in the first half should be put on a loop and played 24/7 at the Werth Center.
  4. When we got down 10, then made the three triples to cut it to 1, it seemed like it stayed 28-27 forEVER. Actually it was about 2:20 and included 10 changes of possession.
  5. Keeping Cumberland scoreless in the 1st half was huge. Despite spotting him 3" and 25#, Vital (and Adams, but mostly Vital) was relentless in covering him and frustrating him. Cinci's best scorer went 1 for 11 for the game.
  6. Vital didn't shoot great overall. 4 for 4 from deep in the 1st half was incredible, but he was 0 for 5 from deep in the 2nd half. But lets call it 0 for 4, since one of those was the 3/4 court heave at the end of regulation. Yet he managed to find 19 points, 5 boards, 4 dimes, 3 steals and a block. To me, his put back of Adams' missed 3 half way through the OT was the biggest single basket of the game. That was stolen points right there.
  7. If I had to give a game ball I'd give it to CV, but I'd tell him to let Adams hold it for a while, because with 16 points, (including those big threes in our late first half run), 5 boards and great spot coverage of Cumberbund, he was doing a pretty good impersonation of CV. I hope he can do that consistently next year, because despite the bad rap CV gets here after every mistake, we're going to need a player with Vital's energy and cajones next year.
  8. The crowd reaction on Bouk's 3 over Vogt at about 5:15 stirred a lot of great memories. That's the way Gampel used to sound on every big play in a big game.
  9. The refs were not horrible -- until OT. Then they just became consistently bad.
  10. Between the two announcers, they pronounced Vital every way you could possibly imagine
  11. Whaley brought incredible energy. I love that he even cleanly blocks shots that he mistimes the jump on.
  12. We outrebounded Cinci (overall and on the offensive boards) despite their interior size and quickness.
  13. In a statistical oddity, the two teams tied in steals, blocks and turnovers.
  14. Live, it felt like Vogt scored in the upper teens and had double digit rebounds. I was shocked that he finished with 10 points and 4 boards. Watched the replay (thanks tcf) and it still felt like he had a double-double.
  15. Speaking of watching the replay, I usually do so only to analyze. Today, I enjoyed the game again, and felt the same apprehension when we were down and the same elation when there was no whistle on that last play as I did in real time. From a fan's perspective, it was that good a game.

Reaction Score
14. Live, it felt like Vogt scored in the upper teens and had double digit rebounds. I was shocked that he finished with 10 points and 4 boards. Watched the replay (thanks tcf) and it still felt like he had a double-double

LOL - had the exact same thought/reaction.

caw

Reaction Score
LOL - had the exact same thought/reaction.

i think if you watch it with thevolume off you wouldn’t feel that way. I could be wrong though. I felt the first watch through, with the volume on, the announcers talked about him constantly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom