Cincinnati still pushing hard to join another conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati still pushing hard to join another conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All perception ;)

@CowboysFootball: Wyoming plays in one of college football's premier conferences!

BKeXeRXCYAAEDJU.jpg

Reaction Score
In the end, the decision between Uconn vs Louisville was less important than the means for coming to that decision. For the first time, the perception is that the ACC (or at least FSU) made a football first decision and thus improved its football perception even if it only slightly improved its on-field quality.

LOL, and this is exactly why the ACC is a national laughingstock.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
We are doing what we can just like UConn is. Cincinnati Enquirer did a 5 part piece on the new conference and why the attempts to get into the ACC failed.

Reaction Score
LOL, and this is exactly why the ACC is a national laughingstock.

I have said that I would prefer to be in the ACC with Uconn over Louisville and named a lot of reasons why Uconn is superior to Louisville. But I believe the ACC made the necessary decision to choose Louisville at the time. That decision was dictated by FSU/Clemson and a turf war with the Big 12, but that decision likely saved the conference. I continue to support Uconn to the ACC as the 15th member with or without a partner as I see Uconn as a very good fit.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I have said that I would prefer to be in the ACC with Uconn over Louisville and named a lot of reasons why Uconn is superior to Louisville. But I believe the ACC made the necessary decision to choose Louisville at the time. That decision was dictated by FSU/Clemson and a turf war with the Big 12, but that decision likely saved the conference. I continue to support Uconn to the ACC as the 15th member with or without a partner as I see Uconn as a very good fit.
Some of us see UConn as a better fit than UL, Pitt and Cuse. Cie la vie.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We are doing what we can just like UConn is. Cincinnati Enquirer did a 5 part piece on the new conference and why the attempts to get into the ACC failed.
...and you may just be doing it better.

Reaction Score
folks have to realize how much Maryland going to B1G blindsided everyone, and how the fast decision to add UL was a rapid reaction by the ACC. in situations like that, personal relationships and momentum can trump thoughtful analysis. UL had the Pitino-Boeheim-K connection, brought another annual in-state SEC rival game against Kentucky (don't underestimate this in today's environment when scheduling decent OOC is next to impossible), and Charlie Strong has cred in Florida due to his background. it's not all about potential cable subscribers.

Reaction Score
folks have to realize how much Maryland going to B1G blindsided everyone, and how the fast decision to add UL was a rapid reaction by the ACC. in situations like that, personal relationships and momentum can trump thoughtful analysis. UL had the Pitino-Boeheim-K connection, brought another annual in-state SEC rival game against Kentucky (don't underestimate this in today's environment when scheduling decent OOC is next to impossible), and Charlie Strong has cred in Florida due to his background. it's not all about potential cable subscribers.

With the ACC, it never is. Today's articles about the inability to start an ACC network surprise no one, given the way they've expanded.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Real simple. Wait for North Carolina (four schools), Virginia (two school) or Florida (2 schools) to need support for something in the Senate or HofR and make Connecticut's assistance dependent on their help in CR. They can then count on us to be their new best friend.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
...and you may just be doing it better.

I really don't think they are. They spend $20M less on sports, have a sandwiched stadium with tepid support in a market dominated by OSU and a flat-lined to contracting basketball program with a smurf coach, at a blah university (graduate/research/endowment aside).

Though the more I look at that on paper, I suppose they are a better fit for the ACC given their criteria.

Reaction Score
Just get this thing fixed. If Louisville is good enough for a major conference, so is UConn. Needs to fixed either inside of the college athletic arena or outside in the political/legal realm. Above board or political strong-arming. Don't care, just fix it.

Reaction Score
Real simple. Wait for North Carolina (four schools), Virginia (two school) or Florida (2 schools) to need support for something in the Senate or HofR and make Connecticut's assistance dependent on their help in CR. They can then count on us to be their new best friend.

That never happens.

Reaction Score
Just get this thing fixed. If Louisville is good enough for a major conference, so is UConn. Needs to fixed either inside of the college athletic arena or outside in the political/legal realm. Above board or political strong-arming. Don't care, just fix it.

That is pretty much how I feel. Not proud of it , but it shows how absolutely bewildered this has led people. I have no idea what it will take. I don't even know the problem. I just want it fixed and Uconn into a new conference.

Reaction Score
You realize what you are suggesting isn't even funny. What percentage of CT residents are even UConn fans/alums? Why don't you have Sens. Blumenthal and Murphy tell the OK senators you don't get any relief for your home state unless Oklahoma/Oklahoma State get UConn into the Big XII. I feel bad for UConn, but you can't force people into marriages unless a current member of the conference uses leverage. UConn should be working with a school in the B1G, ACC, Big XII and building their resume up to them so they will speak up for you guys, but you can't use politicians or it will open Pandora's box.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Agreed alsacs. UConn already had a politician act "on its behalf" and look where that got us. Shunned and forced to sit at the kid's table feasting on PB&J sandwiches on moldy bread with the likes of Tulane and Memphis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom