Cincinnati is now a fan of UConn | The Boneyard

Cincinnati is now a fan of UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tulsa and Temple are cooked.

The last thing in the world Cincinnati wants is UConn losing to Memphis on Sunday.

I understand how the selection process works - but if you like the Bearcats - you don't want to be the second bubble team in the American.

Reaction Score
Just another glaring reason why we need to get the out of this dysfunctional conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn is in. A win might be a cursed 8/9 seed.

Reaction Score
Temple is not making it? I thought they were in based off their regular season but I don't follow this stuff closely anymore.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Temple is not making it? I thought they were in based off their regular season but I don't follow this stuff closely anymore.
Some brackets had them in as the expected autobid more so than their actual resume, could still get in but I'd expect the playin round.

Reaction Score
Wow...how far we have fallen. From the days of beating Georgetown, Pitt, Nova, Syracuse, Louisville in gut wrenching games to secure a #1 or #2 seed in the tournament to laying hopes on beating Memphis to secure a NCAA bid. This is not the UCONN I grew up rooting for,, since 1990.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I'd be shocked if Temple was selected.

Reaction Score
Wow...how far we have fallen. From the days of beating Georgetown, Pitt, Nova, Syracuse, Louisville in gut wrenching games to secure a #1 or #2 seed in the tournament to laying hopes on beating Memphis to secure a NCAA bid. This is not the UCONN I grew up rooting for,, since 1990.
We have fallen so far we have 2 national titles in the last 5 years. Woe is us.

Our conference situation isn't ideal? Tell us something we don't know.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Lol been around a lot longer than that... and those if us remember it wasn't always so much fun. But good for you getting on board at the right time and missing 1980-1985.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
14-5, regular season? They gotta do better non conference.

They were awful OOC and I'd be surprised if they were even in the bubble conversation.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Temple was selected.
Temple should be in. They swept UCONN and Cincy during the regular season. They may get in by how they finished. If Uconn looses to Memphis then they could be out.

Reaction Score
A couple of potential bible teams got drilled today - Michigan lost by almost 20 to Purdue, Georgia lost to Kentucky, A&M routed LSU by 23. Michigan with 22 wins may still get in, the other two will not, which keeps slots open for the AAC.

I think the AAC will get 3 invites. UConn is in no matter what. If Memphis beats UConn and claims and autobid, then Temple or Cincinnati is out. UConn wins and I believe Temple and Cincinnati are in.

Ideally, with a win, UConn gets a 7 seed (avoid the damn 8/9 seed due to the high probability of playing UNC in Raleigh or Oklahoma in Oklahoma City [though I would love to take Villanova in Brooklyn]. With a loss, UConn gets a 10 seed.

Reaction Score
You're a spoiled pu$$.

This UConn is a top 30 team that's 2 years removed from a title and is set up to be even better in the years to come. Grow up, Francis.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
UConn looks better than we have all year and this is what you come up with? I think you meant to post this after the Houston game.

Reaction Score

So do "us" all a favor because "we" obviously aren't good enough for "you". Stop rooting and definitely stop posting.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Lol been around a lot longer than that... and those if us remember it wasn't always so much fun. But good for you getting on board at the right time and missing 1980-1985.
If we don't fire Perno, we'll be kicked out of the Big East.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Temple should be in. They swept UCONN and Cincy during the regular season. They may get in by how they finished. If Uconn looses to Memphis then they could be out.

Good lord. None of this is true. Temple is 30/70 and UConn is in even is they lose to Memphis.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He means that a Memphis win tomorrow would steal a bid from Temple, not us.

If Memphis wins they aren't taking a bid from Temple. Temple needed to win the tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom