Cincinnati game thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati game thread

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Cannot find in my Sling TV... first time not shown in Sling's ESPN3
I couldn't find it either so I went to ESPN3. I looked again at the end of the game and finally found it about a million scrolls over and without team logos.

Reaction Score
Do some of our residents worrywarts know UConn’s starting point guard isn’t playing today? That’s a big reason it took the offense a while to get started. Crystal is also an underrated perimeter defender who can keep her man from penetrating.
Hopefully Santa will bring me another UConn point guard in future. With Kia gone next year, much needed.

Reaction Score
You can make the same observation for having any of the starters in at this time. The problem then, you have all the bench players in at once. This then raises the concern that your bench players need time to blend in with the starters. So there is more to it in Geno's mind. But I agree 100%, Gabby looked gassed and it is not worth it to have her in.
This is silly. Give Gabby a break.

Reaction Score
Touly with a nice pass to Kyla. Nan is right, Touly knows how to play. Hope her body lets her play more minutes. In the future, she has a body type UConn lacks.
A lot of upside is sitting on the bench with Touly.

Reaction Score
Been that way most of the year. Rarely smiles or looks like she's having any fun. I just figured she was the super serious type, but otherwise looks miserable. Guess it's tough playing for a demanding coach like Geno.

If we could figure out a way to bottle the "happiness and enthusiasm juice" that comes out of Batouly and give some to Megan, would that count as an illegal performance enhancing drug? :confused:

Reaction Score
I wonder if it's one of those things where the freshmen think because they are playing in a conference game where UCONN dominates that they don't have to play at a high level and in turn get beat because they aren't playing hard all the time. Seems they do well in high pressure games. I remember Geno saying in an on court interview going into the half that other teams have scholarship players to and they are going to play well also. I guess in time they'll figure it out.

Reaction Score
Just watched the replay. About MW - I believe she was the one who did not warn Kia of the screen and that resulted in Kia hitting it hard. Not talking like that can get another player hurt and I think Geno lit into her for that. (She had some other defensive lapses before which didnt help but probably wouldnt have gotten her yanked.)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If you watch the postgame videos, he said Coombs and Walker weren't ready for the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom