Cincinnati -9.5 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati -9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's a pretty big number without Collaros.

Reaction Score
That's a big number with Collaros. I don't get that one.....

Reaction Score
Seriously? Don't get me wrong -- if I have to bet on the game I probably take the points, but Cincy has had a far better year than us and is at home.

Reaction Score
I'm with Biz, with the schizophrenic nature of the way we have played football this year, I could see us losing by 10 easy.

Reaction Score
Our team is not as good as this board thinks following a win, and it is not as bad as the board thinks following a loss.

Reaction Score
They've lost two of their last three and that win was over a deflated Syracuse. If the UCONN defense shows up there is no reason to believe this thing doesn't stay close.

Reaction Score
Short fields (Nick), no turnovers and Mcombs with 125 yds+ and we stay close.

That was easy.

Reaction Score
Not bad, we were just 3 /4 point dog to the R at home. Who cares? I know the gamblers........

Reaction Score
I think, as a team, we are playing with house chips. Although we do have the potential bowl game hanging in the balance, I think we can play loose, play like it is our championship/bowl game, and hope for the best vs. cinci. They have a lot on the line and may come out tense and struggle. Late in the season, anything can happen and I think the game will be closer than that line. But what do I know? I'm biased and hope it comes down to a game-winning field goal from 52yds by teggart.

Reaction Score
That's a pretty big number without Collaros.
huge number. we outgained them and got smoked by special teams, you guys have better special teams than we do. i think you guys will put a hurting on their QB, we just haven't been able to do that this year.

Reaction Score
The most fascinating thing about the game, of course, are the LV fans who hate us who have to root for us on Saturday. I'm sure some of them are throwing up in their mouth a bit as they realize that.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
That's a big number for a team that has been struggling the last few games. I would have guessed 6 or so. 3 for home field and 3 point advantage.

I think Collaros would have torn us up. His ability to find receivers in open space plus ability to run would have given our team fits. With a young QB, who has probably my favorite college name ever, I think this game isn't too far off a toss up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I saw someone from Card Chronicles said that with UConn beating Kentucky in the NCAA tourney combined with a win over Cinci and they would have to give up the Larry Taylor complaining.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Big East has had some strange looking lines all year. I have no idea how USF/WVU is a pick'em.

Reaction Score
History will remind us that generally UConn has played horribly at Cincy. Two years ago with Randy distracted, UConn actually became an offensive juggernaut and made a close game of it (with a legit chance at winning). But other than that the results have been ugly.

Reaction Score
They've lost two of their last three and that win was over a deflated Syracuse. If the UCONN defense shows up there is no reason to believe this thing doesn't stay close.
I say screw the mojo and say, if the defense shows up like it did Saturday and Deleone calls some great plays like he did last game AND our recievers hold onto the ball, we can win this, no question.

Reaction Score
It's a lot considering that cincy may not be playing for the BCS bid anymore. If WV wins on Thursday, they can still play for a Big East championship share....but their BCS shot would be over.

You could see a similar situation as we had with Rutgers not showing up last Saturday (where they had no BCS shot but still could've had a share of the league title).

Reaction Score
With Collaros out, these two teams are actually very close to identical. Need to win special teams wars and turnovers to win games. Prefer to run. Great at stopping the run, but vulnerable against the pass.

This is a game that is going to be much easier to win playing downhill than uphill for both teams. Whoever gets ahead early is going to have a great chance to hold on.

Reaction Score
Throw in their coach being rumored to be a potential candidate for Illinois job and you could have a distracted group of cats facing a junkyard dog on sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom