Cinci has a new head coach - Michelle Clark-Heard from WKU | The Boneyard

Cinci has a new head coach - Michelle Clark-Heard from WKU

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
WKU is Western Kentucky. Michelle has lots of experience at different programs, but has worked as an assistant at Cinci, Nebraska, and L'ville. Jeff Walz had high praise for his former assistant coach. She was 24-9 this past year and made the NCAA's, losing to Oregon State in the 1st round.

Not for nothing, but I certainly hope a former L'ville asst fares no better than Jamelle did. Never did like the circumstances surrounding Jamelle's firing, and I get it may not be a popular sentiment, but I hope the new HC fails spectacularly at Cinci. Nothing personal against Michelle. Would serve them right.

New HC for Cinci

Reaction Score
WKU is Western Kentucky. Michelle has lots of experience at different programs, but has worked as an assistant at Cinci, Nebraska, and L'ville. Jeff Walz had high praise for his former assistant coach. She was 24-9 this past year and made the NCAA's, losing to Oregon State in the 1st round.

Not for nothing, but I certainly hope a former L'ville asst fares no better than Jamelle did. Never did like the circumstances surrounding Jamelle's firing, and I get it may not be a popular sentiment, but I hope the new HC fails spectacularly at Cinci. Nothing personal against Michelle. Would serve them right.

New HC for Cinci

hoping she fails spectacularly is getting pretty close to personal.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Saving my prayers for Jamelle landing in a good situation.

Reactions: HGN

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Eric, That's really harsh. Why wish failure on a person that had absolutely nothing to do with Eliot getting canned.
I really don't care a whit about Cincinnati basketball but I don't want to see them fail simply because their AD decided to make a coaching change.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Being upset at Cincy seems a bit petty to me. Looking at the Bearcats record the past nine seasons.... the former coach was fortunate to last as long as she did. Wonder why they didnt let her go after two straight seasons of just 8 wins.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Eric, That's really harsh. Why wish failure on a person that had absolutely nothing to do with Eliot getting canned. I really don't care a whit about Cincinnati basketball but I don't want to see them fail simply because their AD decided to make a coaching change.
Cincinnati is dead to me.
What Rocky said. After the way they treated Jamelle, I don't wish anything good for them. It's not like I'm wasting any energy on it, I just hope their program sinks into oblivion. Geno was disgusted with how Jamelle was treated, and he even warned the next HC to do his/her homework before accepting a job there. He even went so far as to publicly blast Cinci for what they did. No love lost on his part. So yeah, I hope Cinci never wins another game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What Rocky said. After the way they treated Jamelle, I don't wish anything good for them. It's not like I'm wasting any energy on it, I just hope their program sinks into oblivion. Geno was disgusted with how Jamelle was treated, and he even warned the next HC to do his/her homework before accepting a job there. No love lost on his part. So yeah, I hope Cinci never wins another game.

A club of two. Proud to be in it with you Big Guy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
hoping she fails spectacularly is getting pretty close to personal.
Eric, That's really harsh. Why wish failure on a person that had absolutely nothing to do with Eliot getting canned.I really don't care a whit about Cincinnati basketball but I don't want to see them fail simply because their AD decided to make a coaching change.
Being upset at Cincy seems a bit petty to me. Looking at the Bearcats record the past nine seasons.... the former coach was fortunate to last as long as she did. Wonder why they didnt let her go after two straight seasons of just 8 wins.
I'm only going to say this once because I don't want the thread to degrade. Anyone who knows me knows I HATE Tennessee. They are my most hated team. could be named the head coach there with Ghandi and Mother Theresa as assistants, and I'd still wish for Tennessee to lose every game from now until the end of time.

That's why I said it's nothing personal against their new head coach. I don't know her. I hope she has a wonderful life. I hope Cinci never wins another game. It's pretty simple. Harsh? I bet a lot of $ Geno feels the similarly. He said "Positively disgraceful that Jamelle Elliott was let go at Cincinnati. Anyone interested in that job would be well advised to do their homework." THAT'S harsh. He would never go out and purposely run up the score against them because that would hurt the kids, but he has no love for the program, that's for sure.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm only going to say this once because I don't want the thread to degrade. Anyone who knows me knows I HATE Tennessee. They are my most hated team. could be named the head coach there with Ghandi and Mother Theresa as assistants, and I'd still wish for Tennessee to lose every game from now until the end of time.

That's why I said it's nothing personal against their new head coach. I don't know her. I hope she has a wonderful life. I hope Cinci never wins another game. It's pretty simple. Harsh? I bet a lot of $ Geno feels the similarly. He said "Positively disgraceful that Jamelle Elliott was let go at Cincinnati. Anyone interested in that job would be well advised to do their homework." THAT'S harsh. He would never go out and purposely run up the score against them because that would hurt the kids, but he has no love for the program, that's for sure.

He'll compartmentalize it all. Won't fall on the coach or the kids.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see the scores against UCinc. next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom