Cinci AD: "We want out of the American." | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cinci AD: "We want out of the American."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The one thing he said that was intriguing related to the Cincy BOT being behind him. It appears that Cincy's BOT is actively helping the CR cause. What is our BOT doing? Does it matter? If so, do we have the right people on the BOT? I believe that BOT's at other P-5 member schools have been involved in CR matters - can an activist BOT help in CR matters?

Reaction Score
The one thing he said that was intriguing related to the Cincy BOT being behind him. It appears that Cincy's BOT is actively helping the CR cause. What is our BOT doing? Does it matter? If so, do we have the right people on the BOT? I believe that BOT's at other P-5 member schools have been involved in CR matters - can an activist BOT help in CR matters?

April 1, 2013
2013-R-0202
QUESTIONS FOR UCONN BOARD OF TRUSTEES NOMINEES
By: Terrance Adams, Legislative Analyst II
UCONN BOARD OF TRUSTEES (CGS § 10a-103 AND -104)
● The board consists of 21 members.
● The governor appoints 12 members who serve staggered, six-year terms. Students elect two members, one undergraduate and one graduate, who serve staggered, two-year terms. Alumni elect two members to staggered, four-year terms.
● The governor; agriculture, economic and community development, and education commissioners; and the chairman of the UConn Health Center Board of Trustees are ex-officio members.
● One chamber confirms.
● The board makes rules for governing the university and develops a mission statement for it, including the role and scope of each branch campus. It establishes schools, colleges, divisions, and departments within the university and coordinates branch and institutional services and programs. It oversees the financing and construction of UConn 2000, sets tuition and fees, promotes fund raising, and establishes gift policies for its foundation.
QUESTIONS
1. SB 840 authorizes more than $1.5 billion in new bonding under UConn 2000. What will these new funds enable UConn to accomplish? How will the state pay for this investment, given its fiscal situation?
2. Faculty in the Connecticut State University System and the community-technical colleges have criticized SB 840 because it does not include any investment in their institutions. What is your response to this argument?
3. How will UConn pay for the increased operating expenses associated with new capital projects and increasing enrollments?
4. Demographic projections indicate that Connecticut will have a decreasing number of high school graduates in the next decade. How will this affect UConn's plan to increase enrollment?
5. Some public universities have sought to increase their out-of-state and international student enrollments as a means of raising additional revenue. Do you feel that this strategy would be appropriate for UConn?
6. UConn has proposed diverting water from the Farmington River watershed to meet campus needs. What are your thoughts on this proposal? Are there alternative strategies the university could use?
7. In the long run, what steps can UConn take to minimize tuition increases?
8. UConn was recently the subject of a Freedom of Information Act complaint regarding an athletics marketing agreement with Webster Bank. Do you feel that such agreements should be exempt from public disclosure?
9. What are your thoughts on university administrators' compensation amounts? How should UConn go about developing effective executive compensation guidelines?
10. What steps could UConn take to encourage more of its students to remain in Connecticut after graduating?
11. What effect do you think conference realignment will have on UConn athletics? Do you have any concerns about the realignment?
12. What effects will the federal budget sequestration have on UConn?

Reaction Score
Apparently Aresco had a STFU conversation with the UC President and AD ...

"I thought the comments, my view is that they were unfortunate," Aresco said. "But I understood. I called them. I talked to both. We had a great discussion. This realignment business has been hard on everyone. We are concerned about building our conference. Realignment seems to have settled down. … Cincinnati will support our conference. I think you will see a lot of positive statements coming out of Cincinnati about our conference. Mike Bohn and I have been friends for 25 years."
In other words, Cincinnati will tow the party line.
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-mens-basketball/hc-jacobs-column-0216-20140215,0,4872463.column

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
In Aresco's dreams. Cincinnati will continue to what is best for Cincinnati. AAC be damned...

Reaction Score
kobe said:
In Aresco's dreams. Cincinnati will continue to what is best for Cincinnati. AAC be damned...

Well, yeah. However, Cincy will now stop publicly expressing discontent which devalues the conference. There is no point in doing that. I never complain that UConn publicly supports the American because that's what we should do. It has nothing to do with trying to get into another conference.

Reaction Score
April 1, 2013
2013-R-0202
QUESTIONS FOR UCONN BOARD OF TRUSTEES NOMINEES
By: Terrance Adams, Legislative Analyst II
UCONN BOARD OF TRUSTEES (CGS § 10a-103 AND -104)
● The board consists of 21 members.
● The governor appoints 12 members who serve staggered, six-year terms. Students elect two members, one undergraduate and one graduate, who serve staggered, two-year terms. Alumni elect two members to staggered, four-year terms.
● The governor; agriculture, economic and community development, and education commissioners; and the chairman of the UConn Health Center Board of Trustees are ex-officio members.
● One chamber confirms.
● The board makes rules for governing the university and develops a mission statement for it, including the role and scope of each branch campus. It establishes schools, colleges, divisions, and departments within the university and coordinates branch and institutional services and programs. It oversees the financing and construction of UConn 2000, sets tuition and fees, promotes fund raising, and establishes gift policies for its foundation.
QUESTIONS
1. SB 840 authorizes more than $1.5 billion in new bonding under UConn 2000. What will these new funds enable UConn to accomplish? How will the state pay for this investment, given its fiscal situation?
2. Faculty in the Connecticut State University System and the community-technical colleges have criticized SB 840 because it does not include any investment in their institutions. What is your response to this argument?
3. How will UConn pay for the increased operating expenses associated with new capital projects and increasing enrollments?
4. Demographic projections indicate that Connecticut will have a decreasing number of high school graduates in the next decade. How will this affect UConn's plan to increase enrollment?
5. Some public universities have sought to increase their out-of-state and international student enrollments as a means of raising additional revenue. Do you feel that this strategy would be appropriate for UConn?
6. UConn has proposed diverting water from the Farmington River watershed to meet campus needs. What are your thoughts on this proposal? Are there alternative strategies the university could use?
7. In the long run, what steps can UConn take to minimize tuition increases?
8. UConn was recently the subject of a Freedom of Information Act complaint regarding an athletics marketing agreement with Webster Bank. Do you feel that such agreements should be exempt from public disclosure?
9. What are your thoughts on university administrators' compensation amounts? How should UConn go about developing effective executive compensation guidelines?
10. What steps could UConn take to encourage more of its students to remain in Connecticut after graduating?
11. What effect do you think conference realignment will have on UConn athletics? Do you have any concerns about the realignment?
12. What effects will the federal budget sequestration have on UConn?

Nice job, Jostar,

So who is enlightened enough to see the real long term harm caused to UConn athletics by being in the horrid AAC?
I don't think it takes a lot of enlightenment to see that the massive difference in media payout is going to hurt us substantially and quickly. Let alone suffering playing in a conference where the only interesting opponents are few and far between.

We need an activist BOT. I don't know that we have one. I know there is a lot of other concerns on their plate, but most of them start and end with money.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Well, yeah. However, Cincy will now stop publicly expressing discontent which devalues the conference. There is no point in doing that. I never complain that UConn publicly supports the American because that's what we should do. It has nothing to do with trying to get into another conference.
Agreed. Bohn was trying to rile up the fans and major donors by saying the President and BOT are doing all they can to get UC to a real conference. Just pandering at his introductory press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom