OT: - Cigar enthusiasts?! | The Boneyard

OT: Cigar enthusiasts?!

Reaction Score
Really enjoy cigars. During the winter months, I’ll smoke two a week and during the summer about three. I prefer Churchill sized cigars, and my palate ranges from flavored and mild cigars all the way up to full body smokes. Been enjoying Isla Del Sol sticks, Baccarats, Sancho Panza Extra-Fuente, Kuba Kubas and everything in between. Love playing setback on the Trickster Pitch app. 100 other reasons why I enjoy smoking cigars as well.

Reaction Score
I've been smoking the Aganorsa Leaf Supreme lately, just ordered the Paul Gamarian anniversary cigars. Have a bunch of Cubans, but prefer the Nicaraguans.

Picked up some Aging Rooms and E.P. Carillos, letting them age until the summer.

Smoke about 4 a week, maybe daily in warmer weather.

Reaction Score
I have cut back on my smoking as I have gotten older. I've tried hundreds of brands over the years. One of the consolations to age has been moving to a milder smoke. Truth be told, Bolivars always knocked me on my butt even in my 30s. For years I smoked Davidoffs with a preference for Special R, Lots of Avos, name something.

Now my humidor is filled with Romeo and Julieta #2 Tubos, Cuban version. I smoke maybe one a week. Less in the winter. Very mild with a decent kick for a smaller cigar.

Here's the really good part. My wife gets me a box for Christmas and than another for my birthday in June. That pretty much fills out the year and I don't pay a penny.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
mydiscountcigar_2267_285829040_large.jpeg

the preferred family brand was topstone from the day that they opened in the Park City, a million years ago. prolly went down sumthin like this on the farm- 'hey, we're running out of smokes. time to take a ride (horse and buggy) down to the big city to resupply. don't tell the womenfolk, cuz they'll just make us kill the afternoon chasing around dry goods and notions stores to buy frilly stuff when we should be fishing and smokin our topstones.'
i tried some of those way back when an unk stopped at nat sherman's ('we've been coming here since the day he opened!' not me, them. i never heard of that place 'till that topstone day), and they still had some. they tasted like shoes, but as i understand it, they were popular in the nation as an 'everyman's cigar.' there are still topstone boxes in various relatives basements and attics, filled with somebody's 'notions,' like baseball cards, and such.
coach dan just re-upped. hooray! light one up.

Reaction Score
I am a fan of Acid and Drew Estate. When short on time Blondies are the fit. More time, KubaKuba are the smoke. With a nice bourbon what could be better. Fuente cigars are very nice on the palate

Reaction Score
Pardon Family Reserve. 35ish a stick, but simply an amazing smoke. Avo #2 used to be a favorite, as was the El Rey Del Mundo Flor De Llanenza.

I only smoke a couple a year now but you just brought back some great memories.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos or Hemingway.

I love cigars but they don’t love me. A little goes a long way. These two will give you all of the good and minimize the bad the next morning.

Reaction Score
mydiscountcigar_2267_285829040_large.jpeg

the preferred family brand was topstone from the day that they opened in the Park City, a million years ago. prolly went down sumthin like this on the farm- 'hey, we're running out of smokes. time to take a ride (horse and buggy) down to the big city to resupply. don't tell the womenfolk, cuz they'll just make us kill the afternoon chasing around dry goods and notions stores to buy frilly stuff when we should be fishing and smokin our topstones.'
i tried some of those way back when an unk stopped at nat sherman's ('we've been coming here since the day he opened!' not me, them. i never heard of that place 'till that topstone day), and they still had some. they tasted like shoes, but as i understand it, they were popular in the nation as an 'everyman's cigar.' there are still topstone boxes in various relatives basements and attics, filled with somebody's 'notions,' like baseball cards, and such.
coach dan just re-upped. hooray! light one up.

LOL. Looking for an excuse to tell this story and you gave it to me. When I was a kid, my dad used to give me a cigar (usually a White Owl Invincible) to keep the mosquitos away while we fished on the Connecticut River. I puffed on an occasional cigar growing up but was not really a cigar smoker. As an adult, I was re-introduced to cigars at the Picasso Lounge of the Le Parc Hotel in West Hollywood. I was working with country singer Ray Stevens and met him on the balcony. As we were introduced I noticed he was smoking a cigar. I asked what kind of cigar he was smoking and he answered almost lyrically. "It's a Macanudo Portofino, rolled on the upper inner thigh of musky Jamaican maiden....would you like one?" Obviously I said yes. It was one of many Portofinos I enjoyed with Ray in the following years. Although my taste in cigars changed, I owe him for helping me establish one of the most enjoyable habits of my adult life.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I like a nice smoke as well. If I’m buying, it’s a cigarillo or corona. Never liked the fat ones. I tend not to smoke in the winter - only when it’s nice/warm out. I’ve tried lots of brands but I always end up going back to H. Upmann. Couldn’t even tell you if they are quality or not, but I like them.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
LOL. Looking for an excuse to tell this story and you gave it to me. When I was a kid, my dad used to give me a cigar (usually a White Owl Invincible) to keep the mosquitos away while we fished on the Connecticut River. I puffed on an occasional cigar growing up but was not really a cigar smoker. As an adult, I was re-introduced to cigars at the Picasso Lounge of the Le Parc Hotel in West Hollywood. I was working with country singer Ray Stevens and met him on the balcony. As we were introduced I noticed he was smoking a cigar. I asked what kind of cigar he was smoking and he answered almost lyrically. "It's a Macanudo Portofino, rolled on the upper inner thigh of musky Jamaican maiden....would you like one?" Obviously I said yes. It was one of many Portofinos I enjoyed with Ray in the following years. Although my taste in cigars changed, I owe him for helping me establish one of the most enjoyable habits of my adult life.
oh man, you win the 'meet the macanudo's' derby, and it ain't even close. epic cool. and being a lifelong fan for pop music...ray stevens? the ray stevens? u kidding me? all i can say aboot that American Treasure is 'everything is bee-yoo-tiful.' we are not worthy...
hey ray! bring it! and thanks for the smiles.

Reaction Score
Back when I lived in CT, my then-girlfriend and I took a wine course. The instructor brought in a bunch of old Wine Spectator magazines for us to take. Mine had a card in it for a subscription to a new magazine called Cigar Aficionado. I bought a subscription which rekindled my interest in cigars. My girlfriend wanted to take a winter trip to the U.S Virgin Islands, but I talked her into Cancun . . . where Havanas are sold. Somewhere, someplace I have a photo of myself outside of the Cancun Hard Rock smoking a Cohiba Espléndido. At the time, it was the highest rated cigar in the world.

I still have a humidor full of cigars, but I never seem to have the time for more than one or two a year even though I am mostly retired.

Reaction Score
Started off with Munimaker cigars in 1994 when I was 18 at CCSU. Feel like my fist real cigar was a Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic.

I have a nice humidor. I have too many lighters to count, come to love my Vertigo / Lotus Cyclone Triple Torch Lighter along with a Perfect Cigar Cutter.

Reaction Score
Don't smoke because of some asthma and it really kills me, but I enjoy the distant aroma and if I could, I think I would be more interested in a pipe. Funny how things change. When we were kids there were cigarettes, pipes and ashtrays everywhere.

Seinfeld - Kramer's cigars

Reaction Score
Team Fishy only smoked Ashtons back in the day, a real mans cigar. WINNING!

Brother swami always brought the best to the game.

Reaction Score
I am a fan of Acid and Drew Estate. When short on time Blondies are the fit. More time, KubaKuba are the smoke. With a nice bourbon what could be better. Fuente cigars are very nice on the palate
I like Blondies as well...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom