CIAC Winter plan: January 19th start of practice | The Boneyard

CIAC Winter plan: January 19th start of practice

Reaction Score
CIAC Winter Plan

Surprised I haven't seen a thread about this or any conversation on the subject?

My hot take on this: The CIAC has been getting slammed all school year by parents/students/administrators so this decision puts it on the school districts to make decisions to opt out or postpone start dates so they're the ones who get criticized.

As a high school coach I'm indifferent, this abbreviated 2 month season is going to be a waste of time. Call me selfish if you want, I know the kids need SOMETHING, but I guarantee this will be filled with stops/starts and a million schedule changes. I don't know what the right decision is, I'm very glad I'm not in a position to make any of these big decisions

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
That’s a great point on stops/starts. The kids get something, but it’s just a shell of what they deserve.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
What is comical to me is making the kids wear masks while playing, then they all jump in cars and go hangout together after practice with no masks on.

Just make them wear them on the bench and anywhere other than when they are on the court or in the game. But again, common sense with the CIAC seems to lack.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if it will have so many stops and starts since kids aren’t constantly getting tested D1 and professional athletes. but it’s certainly possible.

I’m relieved they are making the effort. The kids need it. They are getting a crappy education right now for the most part...plus haven’t been able to see their friends, play their sports and their other activities. There’s no way this doesn’t have a huge effect on them if it goes any longer

Reaction Score
In Massachusetts, they are playing high school basketball, but there have been stops and starts for many teams. Local HS team is currently on stop and probably starting again next week. Also, kids wear masks the whole time, team benches are cross court from each other, shortened season, no playoffs, play a limited group of teams... Also, when they take a 2 shot free throw, there are no kids in the lane on the first shot, and only 2 opposing players for the second shot. It's not HS basketball as you know it, but it is better than not playing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom