CIAC State Playoff Games Set (Official) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

CIAC State Playoff Games Set (Official)

Reaction Score
I would not have voted for him anyway, David Summers should have gotten that award.

I've seen Pryor play twice and have never seen Summers or Pyne; all FCIAC QB's. Therefore, I'm in no position to make a value based judgement. I do wonder, though, why everyone leaves out the All FCIAC first team QB, the Muir kid, from Greenwich. Almost 3000 yds. passing, a mid-sixties completion percentage, 33 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions should at least qualify him for the conversation.

Reaction Score
I've seen Pryor play twice and have never seen Summers or Pyne; all FCIAC QB's. Therefore, I'm in no position to make a value based judgement. I do wonder, though, why everyone leaves out the All FCIAC first team QB, the Muir kid, from Greenwich. Almost 3000 yds. passing, a mid-sixties completion percentage, 33 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions should at least qualify him for the conversation.
Muir was very good. I thought he had a better year than Pryor and Pyne

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
On the Darien issue....Jacobs wants us all to hold 17-18 year old kids to an adult standard. They did something stupid, I agree. We all did back then. I have no skin in this game, but I feel strongly that the other 50 or so kids didn’t deserve to be punished as well. That’s what not playing him in the playoffs would have done. For what? So us all knowing adults could feel better about ourselves? That would have been pointless.

Reaction Score
You really can't go wrong with any of them. They're all very good.

David Summers -- 225/342 (.657), 3214yds, 49TDs, 5INTs
Gavin Muir -- 202/324 (.623), 2898yds, 33TDs, 7INTs
Jack Joyce -- 147/258 (.569), 1979yds, 29TDs, 6INTs
Drew Pyne -- 169/283 (.597), 2355yds, 25TDs, 11INTs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On the Darien issue....Jacobs wants us all to hold 17-18 year old kids to an adult standard. They did something stupid, I agree. We all did back then. I have no skin in this game, but I feel strongly that the other 50 or so kids didn’t deserve to be punished as well. That’s what not playing him in the playoffs would have done. For what? So us all knowing adults could feel better about ourselves? That would have been pointless.

They should be held to a high standard, and it is the coach’s obligation to show that there are consequences to actions. Sitting a player for a moment in a state playoff game shows that there are no consequences. I do feel bad for the other 50 kids but that should not be a factor in determining a punishment.

Reaction Score
Your information is not correct, only one of three players actually hit the New Canaan kid. You also don't know that two of the three Darien players went back to the New Canaan kids house the next morning, apologized, and they all shook on it. Ok dufus? There also was a young lady involved.

Stop the presses!!! Everything is fine, they all shook on it after! Punishment is not warranted.

Reaction Score
And just to add about it was a dumb mistake by the kids. I agree and I am sure the courts will as well. No one is going to get a conviction on their record and I would be surprised if they are even made to use a diversionary program.

Doesn’t change the fact that the punishment was light by the coach.

Reaction Score
We all did back then.

Really? You assaulted someone?

I have no skin in this game, but I feel strongly that the other 50 or so kids didn’t deserve to be punished as well. That’s what not playing him in the playoffs would have done.

Ok. I feel strongly that the other 50 kids on team X shouldn't have been punished just because its quarterback went 1-20 with 5 interceptions. And I feel strongly that the other 50 kids on team Y shouldn't have been punished just because its fullback fumbled 3 times in every game. Let them all be in the playoffs!

For what?

To show that actions have consequences. And to show that when you're an , you're not just screwing yourself, you're screwing your whole team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom