CIAC exploring state playoff changes for 2014 | The Boneyard

CIAC exploring state playoff changes for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have to keep Thanksgiving games, that is the best thing about High School Football. I would get rid of the quarterfinal games, just have 4 teams for each class make the playoffs.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This will end up being six divisions at least with LL, L, MM, M, SS, S. They are talking eight divisions so maybe it ends up LL 1 and 2, L 1 and 2 with M 1 and 2 and S 1 or 2. Four teams per division which still adds up to 32 teams making the playoffs. When I played there was only 10 teams making the playoffs in a championship game.

Reaction Score
This will end up being six divisions at least with LL, L, MM, M, SS, S. They are talking eight divisions so maybe it ends up LL 1 and 2, L 1 and 2 with M 1 and 2 and S 1 or 2. Four teams per division which still adds up to 32 teams making the playoffs. When I played there was only 10 teams making the playoffs in a championship game.

everbody gets a trophy.jpg

Reaction Score
How about goung back to the way things were when 2 schools made it in each class, and they just p,ayed the Championship game? Makes EVERY game count...Thanksgiving games would be interesting in how they decided who went and who stayed home. Medic is right...just another example of "Everyone wins & gets a trophy"!

Reaction Score
How about goung back to the way things were when 2 schools made it in each class, and they just p,ayed the Championship game? Makes EVERY game count...Thanksgiving games would be interesting in how they decided who went and who stayed home. Medic is right...just another example of "Everyone wins & gets a trophy"!

Why don't they just start earlier? It seems to me that they wait until late September every year.

Reaction Score
Why don't they just start earlier? It seems to me that they wait until late September every year.
They want to have the max number of teams they can have in the playoffs, end the season before the Dec weather gets in the way..and yet keep the Thanksgiving day games too. Something has to give...and since there isn't an indoor stadium in CT that will neutralize the weather they either need to 1) start earlier like you said and get rid of thanksgiving day games or 2) cut down the number of teams and keep things the same. Since it is the CIAC (the joke organization that they are) they will most likely do either...yet somehow add more teams to the platoff's and have them end a week or 2 later.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They should start the season a week earlier and cut the season down to 10 regular season games plus state playoffs. I agree just one game in each division instead of the three we have now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom