CIAC Class LL Final... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CIAC Class LL Final...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Hey, I played HS FB in CT (a looong time ago) but it's a totally different thing here in TX . . .

Tom Herman ‏@CoachTomHerman 2h
@ScoutKennedy: Ever Seen 50k at a High School Game? You have now... Allen / Pearland #txhsfb pic.twitter.com/aMz1yem3PR”

BcC9Ct8CIAAkoDn.jpg

Reaction Score
Huh? When I played at Shelton, we all had Shelton on our jerseys. Not a Huntington or Valley designation.

Maybe it was just different for me, but I just didn't see it. I was in high school in the 1990s if that helped. Maybe parents felt that way (my Dad grew up in downtown Shelton and he definitely didn't) And I can assure you no kid cared where the other lived. And I felt the same about Derby, Seymoir, and Ansonia.

Haven't lived in Shelton in 18 years, so maybe it is different now.

Reaction Score
I agree that most of the NVL teams are horrid. However, Ansonia won every single one of their games handily (save for Seymour). How anyone can assert a team with one loss is more deserving of the # 1 ranking is beyond me.

Reminds me of complainers when Miami was winning National Championships. People complained they were dominating a weak conference.

Reaction Score
I agree that most of the NVL teams are horrid. However, Ansonia won every single one of their games handily (save for Seymour). How anyone can assert a team with one loss is more deserving of the # 1 ranking is beyond me.

Reminds me of complainers when Miami was winning National Championships. People complained they were dominating a weak conference.
If you are referring to my comments (their were a couple others in this thread who also said the same thing as myself) about New Canaan and Ansonia, then check them again because I never said Ansonia was not deserving of the #1 ranking, they do deserve it because they are the only undefeated team to win a Class championship this year. What I did say was that New Canaan is a much stronger team, that being said they still don't deserve the title with a blemished record.

Reaction Score
Shelton makes more sense in the SCC as it is LL and the NVL, with 14 schools, only has 3 in LL (Crosby, Kennedy, Wilby) and 2 in L (Naugatuck & Torrington) and none except for Naugatuck are powers in in either division. Their traditional rivals from the Housy are all in the SCC now, though they still play Derby on Thanksgiving with Shelton having won the last 11 years (they have played for 100+ years). It’s also a compromise between the two cultures as Shelton is the valley while Huntington is Fairfield county.
Huh? When I played at Shelton, we all had Shelton on our jerseys. Not a Huntington or Valley designation.

Mr. Conehead....4th generation kid from the valley...and I'm not a kid anymore. Grew up in Shelton...first, get your facts straight...Shelton is in Fairfield County. The reason behind LL is the size of the school which encompasses sections of town ( and Shelton is a big town) which include downtown area, Huntington, White Hills, Pine rock and the south end of Shelton. Second, if you're from there, Huntington is a part of Shelton (3 miles up Route 108 past the High School which in between downtown and Huntington) and no one knows the difference especially when you're playing on the same field wearing the same jersey. The only difference is the size of some of the homes ...surely you know that. If there is a cultural difference it's in the minds of people like you...thanks for keeping the value of the real estate up (I appreciate it!!!).

Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead....4th generation kid from the valley...and I'm not a kid anymore. Grew up in Shelton...first, get your facts straight...Shelton is in Fairfield County. The reason behind LL is the size of the school which encompasses sections of town ( and Shelton is a big town) which include downtown area, Huntington, White Hills, Pine rock and the south end of Shelton. Second, if you're from there, Huntington is a part of Shelton (3 miles up Route 108 past the High School which in between downtown and Huntington) and no one knows the difference especially when you're playing on the same field wearing the same jersey. The only difference is the size of some of the homes ...surely you know that. If there is a cultural difference it's in the minds of people like you...thanks for keeping the value of the real estate up (I appreciate it!!!).
About Naugatuck, many, many, years ago they were a state power in football and it was a much larger school than it is now. The played Ludlowe in Fairfield (my home town) every year, it was quite a rivalry.

Reaction Score
Southington big times Fairfield Prep
Don't talk to me about the FCIAC.
GO KNIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS!
Hey coach, what's the deal with Barmore? I know he is Yale bound, but that isn't telling me how good he is. Didn't realize he was a 2-way player for Southington. Was the talent level high enough for D1? Not that passing on D1 for the Ivy is a bad thing...

Reaction Score
Hey coach, what's the deal with Barmore? I know he is Yale bound, but that isn't telling me how good he is. Didn't realize he was a 2-way player for Southington. Was the talent level high enough for D1? Not that passing on D1 for the Ivy is a bad thing...
He's D-1A material. He's also an excellent student. I'd been hearing whispers of Yale for quite some time. Can't blame the kid.

Reaction Score
Rob...Ansonia can say the same about their qb mcKnight playing hurt all year and not being 100%.
Ansonia , year after year plays noboby.. But NH Register keeps ranking them high. They will never able to beat New Canan, Darien or St:Joseph..

Reaction Score
Southington big times Fairfield Prep
Don't talk to me about the FCIAC.
GO KNIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS!

Ansonia , year after year plays noboby.. But NH Register keeps ranking them high. They will never able to beat New Canan, Darien or St:Joseph..

Reaction Score
I heard this week that both Barmore and Crowle (LB/RB form Prep) are going to Yale on defense. Barmore as a DB and Crowle LB. I know he returned an Int. for a TD against Prep, but how can Yale not give him a shot at QB first. I think at that level he would be pretty electric on Offense for the Eli's. The problem is Yale would most likely have to restructure their offense to fit his skill set.

Reaction Score
I am VERY impressed with your cut and paste ability there Sweet! Two posts and they say exactly the same thing. Maybe when you actually contribute something to this board you can be taken seriously!

Reaction Score
I heard this week that both Barmore and Crowle (LB/RB form Prep) are going to Yale on defense. Barmore as a DB and Crowle LB. I know he returned an Int. for a TD against Prep, but how can Yale not give him a shot at QB first. I think at that level he would be pretty electric on Offense for the Eli's. The problem is Yale would most likely have to restructure their offense to fit his skill set.

Hey OxB - this was in yesterday's NH Reg regarding Barmore, Yale and playing QB there. )http://www.gametimect.com/state-football-beat-fairfield-prep-heading-right-direction/)

>>DOUBLE DUTY - Although senior quarterback Stephen Barmore rallied Southington to a comeback victory over Prep on the strength of his right arm, he also performed well on the other side of the ball.

Barmore made two interceptions, including one he returned 67 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. Next fall, Barmore will attend Yale, where he was recruited to be a quarterback. But Barmore certainly enjoyed his time playing on the defensive side. “I do like playing defense, I do like hitting people,” Barmore said. “Hitting people, I definitely like it; it’s a lot of fun.” Barmore did clarify that Yale is strictly looking for him to be a quarterback. “That’s definitely what I want to play in college.”

Barmore completed 22 of 33 passes for 346 yards and four touchdowns against the Jesuits to lead the Blue Knights to their first state title since 1998. “It’s an unbelievable feeling,” Barmore said. “I’m sure it means the world to the community. The fact that they’ve been behind us the entire time has been awesome. They’ve given us great support the entire time.”<<

Time will tell I guess...

Reaction Score
Hey OxB - this was in yesterday's NH Reg regarding Barmore, Yale and playing QB there. )http://www.gametimect.com/state-football-beat-fairfield-prep-heading-right-direction/)

>>DOUBLE DUTY - Although senior quarterback Stephen Barmore rallied Southington to a comeback victory over Prep on the strength of his right arm, he also performed well on the other side of the ball.

Barmore made two interceptions, including one he returned 67 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. Next fall, Barmore will attend Yale, where he was recruited to be a quarterback. But Barmore certainly enjoyed his time playing on the defensive side.

“I do like playing defense, I do like hitting people,” Barmore said. “Hitting people, I definitely like it; it’s a lot of fun.” Barmore did clarify that Yale is strictly looking for him to be a quarterback. “That’s definitely what I want to play in college.”

Barmore completed 22 of 33 passes for 346 yards and four touchdowns against the Jesuits to lead the Blue Knights to their first state title since 1998.

“It’s an unbelievable feeling,” Barmore said. “I’m sure it means the world to the community. The fact that they’ve been behind us the entire time has been awesome. They’ve given us great support the entire time.”<<

Time will tell I guess...
Cool, i didn't see that. I would hope with the numbers he put up he would get a shot at QB. The only concern I have with him is, Is he a product of the system they run at Southington? or can he be used in multiple formations and sets. Southington QB's have put up really good numbers over the years, but I don't remember any of them excelling at the college level.

Reaction Score
Cool, i didn't see that. I would hope with the numbers he put up he would get a shot at QB. The only concern I have with him is, Is he a product of the system they run at Southington? or can he be used in multiple formations and sets. Southington QB's have put up really good numbers over the years, but I don't remember any of them excelling at the college level.
The BEST Southington QB was Matt Kelleher, who also went to Yale. He had all the qualities. FHCRE recruited him as a tightend because of his size. He went Yale as a legacy (Dad was an Eli). After promising him a look as qb, Yale's coaching staff turned him into a d-lineman. Yale whiffed big time on a terrific player.

Reaction Score
I am VERY impressed with your cut and paste ability there Sweet! Two posts and they say exactly the same thing. Maybe when you actually contribute something to this board you can be taken seriously!
FDNY99 your impression with my ability to cut and paste is irrelevant. And about any one taken me seriously on the board! Well I’ve been going to every top 10 High school football game for the last 5 years, but have not seen Ansonia play or beaten any Top 10 at all in over 5 years or more. So FDNY99 you can take me serious or not but, the truth is Ansonia doesn’t play anybody to deserve a #1. Hopefully the truth will set you free. Ooh By the way, my apologize for my two cut and paste

Reaction Score
FDNY99 your impression with my ability to cut and paste is irrelevant. And about any one taken me seriously on the board! Well I’ve been going to every top 10 High school football game for the last 5 years, but have not seen Ansonia play or beaten any Top 10 at all in over 5 years or more. So FDNY99 you can take me serious or not but, the truth is Ansonia doesn’t play anybody to deserve a #1. Hopefully the truth will set you free. Ooh By the way, my apologize for my two cut and paste
Ansonia routinely scrimmages top schools around the state every year. That's how coaches KNOW about them, and why they put them in for rankings they think they deserve.

Reaction Score
Ansonia routinely scrimmages top schools around the state every year. That's how coaches KNOW about them, and why they put them in for rankings they think they deserve.
He is right though, I think. IIRC the last top 10 team that Ansonia played, that was still in the top 10 at the end of the season was St Joes in 2010, and they lost. I could be wrong though, no time to check the record book. I did check and they did beat Holy Cross in 2011, which was ranked at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate