CIAC Class LL Final... | The Boneyard

CIAC Class LL Final...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
My alma mater finally wins a championship.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They won in 1998 didn't they??
Either 1998 or 1999. I think it was 1999 because the baseball team won it the same year. So it could have been 1998 technically :confused:

Reaction Score
good for Southington there coachcap

surprised you don't know that Prep isn't in the FCIAC
Apologies, living in the central part of the state, sometimes I lose track of which conferences certain schools represent. Still basking in Southington's win hours later.

Reaction Score
In recent years, how much has Fairfield Prep recruited within and outside of Fairfield County? Compared with St. Joseph's? Compared with Xavier, and with Notre Dame West Haven, how much does Fairfield Prep currently recruit?

Reaction Score
Apologies, living in the central part of the state, sometimes I lose track of which conferences certain schools represent. Still basking in Southington's win hours later.

I agree that it is confusing. Fairfield Prep and Shelton are two Fairfield country teams that play in the SCC and not the FCIAC. No idea why Prep is in the SCC (maybe due to rivalries with Xavier and ND West Haven?); but, Shelton was in the H0usy before the SCC absorbed the Housy (except for Seymour and later Derby, both of whom went to the NVL).
Congrats to the Knight, though I do not believe that they are the best overall team THIS year. That would likely be between Ansonia, St. Joe's and New Canaan.

Reaction Score
Great job by Southington. I thought Prep was on the verge of taking a 35-14 halftime lead and blowing the Knights out. They really responded. Barmore is tough to take down. really knows how to escape and buy time. Prep's second half play calling though, I'll be honest was making me wonder if GDL was roaming the sidelines there. At this point f I were a voter I'd have the Knights #2 behind New Canaan but ahead of Ansonia.

Reaction Score
I can't believe we blew such momentum. Good game, Southington. Nice QB. Ours is a good runner. Things just went Southington's way.

Reaction Score
I agree that it is confusing. Fairfield Prep and Shelton are two Fairfield country teams that play in the SCC and not the FCIAC. No idea why Prep is in the SCC (maybe due to rivalries with Xavier and ND West Haven?); but, Shelton was in the H0usy before the SCC absorbed the Housy (except for Seymour and later Derby, both of whom went to the NVL).
Congrats to the Knight, though I do not believe that they are the best overall team THIS year. That would likely be between Ansonia, St. Joe's and New Canaan.
I have no idea why Fairfield Prep is in the SCC, either. Might be strength in hockey. We are considered an invader in New Haven county.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Didn't Prep lose to an FCIAC team this year?
Yes. Prep lost at home to St Joes. Great game by Southington to come back after trailing 28-14 at the half to a much bigger team.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why Fairfield Prep is in the SCC, either. Might be strength in hockey. We are considered an invader in New Haven county.

FCIAC has been around since the 60's. SCC was formed in the 90's grabbing teams from various smaller leagues. I don't think Shelton or Prep were ever in the FCIAC and were subsequently invited to join the SCC when it formed.

Reaction Score

New Canaan was easily the best team in the state this year. Blew out Hand early in the season, blew out St Joes 62-21, and dominated Darien the Class L final 44-12. That one loss to Darien 28-24 will keep them from getting the state poll championship even though Cascione was out that game with a concussion, and really was not the same the remainder of the season but did play all through the playoffs.

Reaction Score
New Canaan was easily the best team in the state this year. Blew out Hand early in the season, blew out St Joes 62-21, and dominated Darien the Class L final 44-12. That one loss to Darien 28-24 will keep them from getting the state poll championship even though Cascione was out that game with a concussion, and really was not the same the remainder of the season but did play all through the playoffs.
Rob...Ansonia can say the same about their qb mcKnight playing hurt all year and not being 100%.

Reaction Score
FCIAC has been around since the 60's. SCC was formed in the 90's grabbing teams from various smaller leagues. I don't think Shelton or Prep were ever in the FCIAC and were subsequently invited to join the SCC when it formed.
My question is why didn't Shelton go into the NVL with their rivalries with Ansonia and Derby? I don't remember the why exactly but do remember that Prep was seen as a no brainer to going into the FCIAC when the MBIAC folded and then some news came out about some conflict about them going into the FCIAC so they ended up in the SCC.

Reaction Score
Rob...Ansonia can say the same about their qb mcKnight playing hurt all year and not being 100%.
McKnight wasn't the star of his team like Cascione was, but even with the Chargers having Newsome play, New Canaan would have beaten them. St Joes and Darien might have beaten them also, but New Canaan definitely. McKnight wasn't really a factor whether playing or not playing for Ansonia this year, as a matter of fact, many times this year Ansonia would sit McKnight down and just snap the ball to Newsome. Imagine if Newsome had an arm?

http://www.gametimect.com/msgs-mike-quick-new-canaan-beat-ansonia-three-four-touchdowns/

I know Mike Quick can be pompous at times but he does know HS football in Connecticut, maybe better than anyone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ansonia (15-0) voted No. 1 for fifth time in school history
http://www.gametimect.com/ansonia-1/

edit add graphic:

top ten.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online