Chukwu | The Boneyard

Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Just heard we are going hard after Chukwu - a 7 footer. Anyone know anything about him?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Go read a Hasheem Thabeet article from when he was a junior and just insert Paschal's name into it - same player, same story. (Chukwu is Nigerian, however.) Right now, all D, not much O - he's just learning the game.

He's a 2014 kid - we'll hear a lot more about him going forward.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
his o has gotten a lot better as of late. played a lot of ball all summer working on his game. runs the floor good for a big guy, rim runner for sure. has good touch on his foul shots. his post moves are slowly developing and hes put on a good amount of weight but still he needs to gain more. his finishes dunk wise are getting more agressive over time. hes doing well at prep.

if anyone in the FC area is looking for a sleeper team this winter its prep. they have paschal and another kid transgering in from the danbury area. hes like a 6'6 pf to go along with paschal at c. prep already had a big kid so the depth will be great for bigs. they also have a young g that will be a mess to cover.

Reaction Score
his o has gotten a lot better as of late. played a lot of ball all summer working on his game. runs the floor good for a big guy, rim runner for sure. has good touch on his foul shots. his post moves are slowly developing and hes put on a good amount of weight but still he needs to gain more. his finishes dunk wise are getting more agressive over time. hes doing well at prep.

if anyone in the FC area is looking for a sleeper team this winter its prep. they have paschal and another kid transgering in from the danbury area. hes like a 6'6 pf to go along with paschal at c. prep already had a big kid so the depth will be great for bigs. they also have a young g that will be a mess to cover.

Which school?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Unless this kid learned quite a bit over the past few months he is still too raw (even for a legit 7') to do anything at the HS level.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Unless this kid learned quite a bit over the past few months he is still too raw (even for a legit 7') to do anything at the HS level.

I disagree with you from seeing him play he is raw but he can man the paint and rebounds pretty well. Remember he is only a junior this upcoming year and has a world of talent on my opinion.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
How much have you seen of him and has any of it been since the 2011-2012 HS season?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he will do just fine starting for prep this winter. played with cbc this summer among other teams. he will have a couple blocks a game, 5-10 boards a game and 5-10 pts a game i think.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I hope you are correct Dan. he went to my son's HS and i met him a few times. He seems to be a very good kid (who unfortunately is carrying a bit of a burden) and I wish him the best (whether he ends up a Husky or goes somewhere else).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I disagree with you from seeing him play he is raw but he can man the paint and rebounds pretty well. Remember he is only a junior this upcoming year and has a world of talent on my opinion.
Or at the very least, a world of potential. UCONN has done pretty well with raw big men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom