Running everywhere
Reaction Score
1) had no idea until this hit that the E stood for entertainment
2) now i want to know what the P stands for on this fake Pasquale guy
Poontang?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's right. It was (is?) on Rte 44.
Still kicking! We live nearby and don’t go for food much unless my wife’s grandparents want to but pick up ice cream a bit.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Chuck put out a statement saying that in addition to the name change they changed their recipe and started using higher quality ingredients. Someone who lives near one should order and give us a review.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Chuck put out a statement saying that in addition to the name change they changed their recipe and started using higher quality ingredients. Someone who lives near one should order and give us a review.
D81292E9-1A90-4055-B57E-E136BA94959C.jpeg
“babe don’t worry I got dinner handled tonight!”

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, the backstory on Chuck E Cheese is really interesting. My family loves listening to "How I Built This." Whenever they start with "I had this idea when I was working on a project in B school" I turn it off. But the Chuck E Cheese episode was awesome. The guy started Atari! He's an old-school entrepreneur / huckster. I also loved the one with the woman that started Spanks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But the Chuck E Cheese episode was awesome. The guy started Atari!
Just shows you how fame is fleeting. It was no secret at the time. "Started by the Atari guy" was practically the motto of the place when it first opened.

Reaction Score
Made it through two kids and enough birthday parties and play dates there without ever getting sick. I think I am safe for remainder of my life of ever having to go there again.
Immune to covid too.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I almost made it to Chuck E. Cheese once. I had the niece and nephew one afternoon and announced that's where we're going for lunch. One said, "I hate Chuck E. Cheese"; the other said, "I like it but whenever I go I throw up," We ended up at Shady Glen.

This is some of why we visit this site year round. Hat tip to @Deepster for the thread.

In all seriousness, the backstory on Chuck E Cheese is really interesting. My family loves listening to "How I Built This." Whenever they start with "I had this idea when I was working on a project in B school" I turn it off. But the Chuck E Cheese episode was awesome. The guy started Atari! He's an old-school entrepreneur / huckster. I also loved the one with the woman that started Spanks.

Post/handle.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Chuck E Cheese does serve alcohol but that also leads to more problems. My wife and I brought the nieces and nephew there a few years ago and witnessed an adult alcohol fueled fight over who knows what. The manager just stood and watched, so I can only assume this is normal there. I just told the niece and nephew to go to the other side and play over there since it was happening in the same area they were enjoying.
Used to go to the one in Waterbury once in a while when I was younger. It served it's purpose with video games and other fun stuff for kids. They had a little room with a strobe light that made it look like you were in slow motion. I had great memories there.

Today however, the the name Chuck E. Cheese is more famous for and can be found in most articles where the headline reads "Brawl Breaks Out at Kid's Birthday Party" with an imbedded video of a bunch of inebriated parents pulling each other's hair.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I almost made it to Chuck E. Cheese once. I had the niece and nephew one afternoon and announced that's where we're going for lunch. One said, "I hate Chuck E. Cheese"; the other said, "I like it but whenever I go I throw up," We ended up at Shady Glen.

I have no idea what Shady Glen is, but based on the name I'm going to assume it's a retirement home. Weird place to go for burgers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have no idea what Shady Glen is, but based on the name I'm going to assume it's a retirement home. Weird place to go for burgers.
Yeah, I'm thinking one should know Shady Glen on a UConn board.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing you're not from Central CT then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom