Chuck E Cheese passing itself off as another restaurant | The Boneyard

Chuck E Cheese passing itself off as another restaurant

Reaction Score
In order to sell more pizza and wings on Grubhub, they set themselves up as "Pasqually's Pizza and Wings", even though it's the same address as Chuck E Cheese. A spokesperson says it's a completely different product with thicker crust and more sauce. And "Pasqually" is "Pasqually P. Pieplate" who is a "fictional chef in the Chuck E. Cheese world".

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I almost made it to Chuck E. Cheese once. I had the niece and nephew one afternoon and announced that's where we're going for lunch. One said, "I hate Chuck E. Cheese"; the other said, "I like it but whenever I go I throw up," We ended up at Shady Glen.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I heard recently they really tried to up their food game to make it more of a place adults wouldn't absolutely hate going to. Possibly started serving booze too? I'm not sure how that place competes with Dave and Buster's. Both places are hell on earth if you ask me though.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I heard recently they really tried to up their food game to make it more of a place adults wouldn't absolutely hate going to. Possibly started serving booze too? I'm not sure how that place competes with Dave and Buster's. Both places are hell on earth if you ask me though.

We took our nephew to Chuck E. Cheese last Fall and I’m pretty sure that it is the gateway to Hell. They do serve beer/wine/liquor drinks for adults, but man was that place depressing compared to how I remember it from my childhood. There was no ball pit/play place, half the games were out of order, and the other half were either too old for him or occupied by groups from the 3 birthday parties that were going on. We ended up splitting after 20 minutes for a Dave and Busters across the road where I could sit at the bar and watch football while the wife chased him from game to game

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We took our nephew to Chuck E. Cheese last Fall and I’m pretty sure that it is the gateway to Hell. They do serve beer/wine/liquor drinks for adults, but man was that place depressing compared to how I remember it from my childhood. There was no ball pit/play place, half the games were out of order, and the other half were either too old for him or occupied by groups from the 3 birthday parties that were going on. We ended up splitting after 20 minutes for a Dave and Busters across the road where I could sit at the bar and watch football while the wife chased him from game to game
They opened a D&B just up the road from the long standing Chuck E. Cheese in Manchester.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
TBH I expected better from Charles Entertainment Cheese

1) had no idea until this hit that the E stood for entertainment
2) now i want to know what the P stands for on this fake Pasquale guy

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Made it through two kids and enough birthday parties and play dates there without ever getting sick. I think I am safe for remainder of my life of ever having to go there again.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The place is a total mess and a joke
It was novel for the 1st few years (that was like 30 years ago) but now its a breath away from bankruptcy

Reaction Score
I almost made it to Chuck E. Cheese once. I had the niece and nephew one afternoon and announced that's where we're going for lunch. One said, "I hate Chuck E. Cheese"; the other said, "I like it but whenever I go I throw up," We ended up at Shady Glen.
Cheeseburgers at Shady Glen - yum.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about the end of the ball pit but then selling booze just might entice an adult or two for a dive.

Reaction Score
Day 70 of quarantine and I’m reading the Chuck E. Cheese backstory. Pretty depressing stuff.

Depressing? That's a heartwarming story, it sounds like Charles E. Cheese has led a wonferful life thanks to Pasqually.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Cheeseburgers at Shady Glen - yum.
When i make my kid an egg sandwich, i use a big slice of cheese so it crisps in the pan and we fold it over. Mmmm, Shady Glen. I'm glad it still exists.

On another note, was the original SG in a shopping center called the Parcade or something like that? I was a kid, with my mom in a huge snowstorm, and she decided to cut straight across the parking lot toward the exit in her "Mustang II" and ran aground on one of the medians, all 4 tires just hanging in the snow. Good times.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
my mom in a huge snowstorm, and she decided to cut straight across the parking lot toward the exit in her "Mustang II" and ran aground on one of the medians, all 4 tires just hanging in the snow. Good times.

You just reminded me of maybe 50- 55 years ago, and I was late for a dentist (who didn't do the novicane thing) appointment. There was a Railroad crossing that had a fairly large hump in it, and my mom took it at speed (and then some), and had all four wheels of the Farlane 500 airborne. Unfortunately we did make it to the dentist - but anyway - Thank you for the memory.

Last edited:

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Chuck E Cheese does serve alcohol but that also leads to more problems. My wife and I brought the nieces and nephew there a few years ago and witnessed an adult alcohol fueled fight over who knows what. The manager just stood and watched, so I can only assume this is normal there. I just told the niece and nephew to go to the other side and play over there since it was happening in the same area they were enjoying.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
When i make my kid an egg sandwich, i use a big slice of cheese so it crisps in the pan and we fold it over. Mmmm, Shady Glen. I'm glad it still exists.

On another note, was the original SG in a shopping center called the Parcade or something like that? I was a kid, with my mom in a huge snowstorm, and she decided to cut straight across the parking lot toward the exit in her "Mustang II" and ran aground on one of the medians, all 4 tires just hanging in the snow. Good times.
I don’t think that’s the original. That’s the other one.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
On another note we have pizza night at my house a few times a month and we make our own pizzas. I made my niece (5 years old at the time) her favorite, plain cheese pizza, and asked her how it was. She was delighted "this is so good. It is just like Chuck E Cheese." I almost gave up making pizza for good at that point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom