Christyn Wms last Add To Her List | The Boneyard

Christyn Wms last Add To Her List

Reaction Score
she's also played with Lexi and Charli............I'd say if she wants to stay close to home then Texas it is..........

Reaction Score
I know but I never heard that stat on Texas players she's played with before.
Just like Mo. When we played Texas they mentioned on the TV how she basically had played with everyone on their team at one point.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
IMO she is still wide open in her recruitment. There is always heresay but I think she is taking her time and doing her unofficials. Smart girl. With the climate of transfers its best to be sure.

Reaction Score
She made that addition back in May.
That was long before she played with 2 of Uconn's next Gen of stars: Danger and Megan Walker--
Maybe she'll learn that some teams are good, some are very good--but only one has true greatness.
To show my bias -and speak fact with that--they may ask her what is the chance of Texas getting a National Championship in the next 1,2,3,4 maybe more years--and the chance for uconn -pull off your uconn sneaker and show her how to shoe-in. Sorry I try to be more generous to non Uconn kids.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know many on this board believe CW is destined to be a Husky. I hope so. But I cannot get over the feeling that CW's view of the incoming freshmen class is of 4 talented young ladies who all basically play the same position she does.

Reaction Score
I know many on this board believe CW is destined to be a Husky. I hope so. But I cannot get over the feeling that CW's view of the incoming freshmen class is of 4 talented young ladies who all basically play the same position she does.

very true but some of her other favorites also have stacked back courts

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Yes, I have the same impression. It will be difficult to find sufficient minutes for the four freshmen in the class now entering, and adding yet another PG to that mix will probably cause someone (or two) to leave for greener pastures. I would rather that they recruit a second player in the front court, if that is still possible.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I guess when I look at the 2017 class I don't see 4 guards.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
But I cannot get over the feeling that CW's view of the incoming freshmen class is of 4 talented young ladies who all basically play the same position she does.

Yes, I have the same impression. It will be difficult to find sufficient minutes for the four freshmen in the class now entering, and adding yet another PG to that mix will probably cause someone (or two) to leave for greener pastures. I would rather that they recruit a second player in the front court, if that is still possible.

Both of these statements can not be true unless Gordon, Walker, Coombs and Espinoza-Hunter are all points guards which I don't think is the case. They don't all basically play the same position.

I think Geno knows what he's doing but I'm sure he'd appreciate the input. Send him an email.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I wish someone would just point her in Saniya Chong's direction.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Both of these statements can not be true unless Gordon, Walker, Coombs and Espinoza-Hunter are all points guards which I don't think is the case. They don't all basically play the same position.

I think Geno knows what he's doing but I'm sure he'd appreciate the input. Send him an email.
As I pointed out in another thread, CW is a G/W. Walker, Coombs, AEH & Gordon are G/W's.

But if you prefer to take a more narrow view of CW as a pg, then she could potentially spend her 1st 2 yrs at UConn behind Danger and her 3rd yr behind Coombs, both of whom are excellent pg's.

Reaction Score
Ugghh . ...she can add 10 more schools to her list as far as I'm concerned! She's only picking one school in the end! Good luck to CW...i have no doubt that she will be great wherever she goes. However, there's only one way to go if she wants the BEST of both worlds!

HGN

Reaction Score
I wish someone would just point her in Saniya Chong's direction.
Absolutely Jordy ..............And playing alongside the likes of Hartley , Jefferson , and Nurse hasn't prevented Saniya from playing in the WNBA. As a matter of fact it may have enhanced her chances.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I expect that it will be in the fall. When she announces her college choice.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Ever since Christyn coordinated her unofficial visit to UConn with Lexi Gordon back in January 2016 (IIRC), I have felt that UConn was the leader. When Lexi committed to UConn shortly after, it strengthened my belief (based on their apparent friendship). UConn later went on to get the signatures from G/F Coombs and Walker. Originally, I thought that Christyn was going to play PG in college; doesn't seem like that is the case as I don't believe she has been playing PG on her club or USA teams.

Christyn has consistently competed with (and beaten) older players when vying for team spots and starting lineup spots. Honestly, I don't think she's a player who will shy away from a school based on depth charts.

As for Texas, we had made her original list of 8 schools. Then, she dropped us as she trimmed her list to 7 schools (Baylor, UConn, UCLA, Tennessee, Notre Dame, South Carolina, and Arkansas). Recently, she indicated that she was dropping USC and Arkansas, and added Texas back to form a list of 6 schools. Up to that point, she had not visited Texas unofficially. In June, she attended the Texas summer camp (along with several of her Cy-Fair Shock teammates), although she apparently didn't participate. As busy as she's been this summer with USA hoops, I was surprised she had the time to attend any summer camps at all.

Do I think we're a serious player for her? Not really. When you are the last school added (after having been dropped previously), you are most likely behind the other finalists.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Sedona Prince?
Sedona was a very early commitment to Texas. She then re-opened her recruitment. Then, she re-committed to Texas last September. She never dropped Texas from consideration, and only gave mild consideration to a handful of other schools after her de-commitment.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I know she has a visit to Tennessee. Does she have any other visits?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
UConn will send five top five (Yes?) draft picks to the WNBA over the next two years so I understand the need to keep refreshing the water in the talent pool. But as a father who sent four girls off to college and watched four women graduate, start their own careers and families, I also know that predicting what any of them will do at any time is an exercise fraught with peril.

That said, as someone with no knowledge in this area, I appreciate the recruiting analysis/speculation. This is no easy task you've undertaken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom