Christyn Williams video update | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams video update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't understand why CW did not show up in the national championship game in 2022. She scored 2 points when the game was over. Consider this, CW didn't show up in 2021 in the final four game against Arizona either. Why? She came into Uconn as the NO. 1 female High School player in the nation. She had the same rating as Paige B and Azzi F at the end of HS.
I've struggled thinking about this dilemma many years. She spent 4 years at Uconn but never found the role or rhythm tha tmaximized her talent. She never seemed to work out in the Uconn offensive scheme. I think that she may have been improperly coached. She never was lead to find all the proper spots for her to score the ball. She attempted to take shots and make moves that were not suited for her size etc. Part of offensive basketball is getting to the right spots on the floor to maximize your game. CW never found that at Uconn. In big games against the best defenses, she seemed lost, took improvident shots and got shut down.
I think she will do better in the pro's because pro coaches will help her find her spots. Her ball handling is spot on. She is streaky at the 3 but she can shoot it. A strong mid range will be important because she can drive on breakaways or even in sets. Yet she needs a strong mid range game.
Had CW reached her potential, Uconn would have won NC 12 and 13 at least. I think that CW will be a better pro than collegiate player because she will get better coaching, i.e. help finding her strengths.

Reaction Score
CW can be an unstoppable Pro with the right mind set and understanding her strengths.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't understand why CW did not show up in the national championship game in 2022. She scored 2 points when the game was over. Consider this, CW didn't show up in 2021 in the final four game against Arizona either. Why? She came into Uconn as the NO. 1 female High School player in the nation. She had the same rating as Paige B and Azzi F at the end of HS.
I've struggled thinking about this dilemma many years. She spent 4 years at Uconn but never found the role or rhythm tha tmaximized her talent. She never seemed to work out in the Uconn offensive scheme. I think that she may have been improperly coached. She never was lead to find all the proper spots for her to score the ball. She attempted to take shots and make moves that were not suited for her size etc. Part of offensive basketball is getting to the right spots on the floor to maximize your game. CW never found that at Uconn. In big games against the best defenses, she seemed lost, took improvident shots and got shut down.
I think she will do better in the pro's because pro coaches will help her find her spots. Her ball handling is spot on. She is streaky at the 3 but she can shoot it. A strong mid range will be important because she can drive on breakaways or even in sets. Yet she needs a strong mid range game.
Had CW reached her potential, Uconn would have won NC 12 and 13 at least. I think that CW will be a better pro than collegiate player because she will get better coaching, i.e. help finding her strengths.
:eek:Please be sure to let us know when your struggles comes to an end.

Reaction Score

CW was about the only Husky to show up against Arizona. And how about giving some credit to South Carolina for shutting her down. Sorry to bust your bubble, but her last 2 years a UCONN were pretty good!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'CW will be a better pro than collegiate player because she will get better coaching,'

better coaching? better coaching?!?!?
put down the crack pipe, skippy. these days, it's all aboot the fent.
try some.

Reaction Score
C. Williams as she was about to arrive and watching her in some of those TOP Players display games, I proclaimed CW was the next DT. She could have been, should have been. Talent she has, nice kid she was and is. She proved in some of her final games how much she was needed and how easily she could score, when pushed. She remains my most enchanting Uconn player.

Reaction Score
'CW will be a better pro than collegiate player because she will get better coaching,'

better coaching? better coaching?!?!?
put down the crack pipe, skippy. these days, it's all aboot the fent.
try some.
I agree with your shock--BETTER Coaching??? No not better, different. Lambert (Lam-bear) selected Stokes deliberately and said--this girl can score, and the kid Geno Chided for not scoring, scored as a pro. Different Coaching techniques. Yes, she is back to her "comfort" position of defender, but she proved, when pushed, she's a decent scorer. Will this be the way CW responds? Everyone is different, we'll see.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Or not. Not every thought needs to be expressed. Why people kick at players that tried their best for 4 years is beyond me. Some people should.—-

Exactly. Nothing to see or hear here.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I agree with your shock--BETTER Coaching??? No not better, different. Lambert (Lam-bear) selected Stokes deliberately and said--this girl can score, and the kid Geno Chided for not scoring, scored as a pro. Different Coaching techniques. Yes, she is back to her "comfort" position of defender, but she proved, when pushed, she's a decent scorer. Will this be the way CW responds? Everyone is different, we'll see.
Laimbeer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44