Christyn Williams 3x3 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams 3x3

Reaction Score

"Four athletes who took part in the 2019 Red Bull USA Basketball 3x3 Nationals have been selected to represent USA Basketball at the inaugural FIBA 3x3 Women’s Series stop from May 31-June 1 in Chengdu, China. The FIBA 3x3 Women’s Series is a new 3x3 competition series dedicated to women athletes from around the globe and representing the USA in the first competition are Bella Alarie (Princeton/Bethesda, Md.), Charli Collier (Texas/Baytown, Texas), Aleah Goodman (Oregon State/Oregon City, Ore.) and Christyn Williams (Connecticut/Little Rock, Ark.).

Up to 12 events in the series are expected to take place this year from May to September and will be announced throughout the season on the official website FIBA 3x3 Women's Series.

Also competing in the Chengdu event are 3x3 national teams from Australia, host China, France, Japan, Mongolia, Netherlands and Ukraine."

Congrats Christyn!

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sounds like a blast. Watch out for the Mongolia team. ;)

Reaction Score
Congratulations Chrystyn! Be sure to visit the Pandas while you’re in Chengdu!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Best thing about Chengdu (other than the food...if you like the spicy stuff)....
is the Sanxingdui Museum, 1/2 hour out of town
A lost civilization discovered.
One of the 10 greatest museums in the world.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Christyn and all the ladies selected. Bella Alaire - looks like Carla inherited a blue chipper at Princeton. Hopefully she can build on that and recruit some really good players going forward. Go Princeton!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I like Kara Lawson in the broadcast booth. She has become (in my opinion) one of the best on-air media basketball analysts today. I think she's cheating those players coming up behind her. She'd be an excellent coach at the college level.

No doubt she could also coach at the pro level as well. She knows the game, she can relate to the youngsters, she's been where they want to go, and she has an attractive attitude and demeanor. Players would love her. She could coach my kid. She's doing very well financially. The networks love her. She likes working in the media, so other than coaching for USA basketball in the spring and summer, we may never see her pacing the sidelines for and institution of higher learning.

I understand she was never interested in the head coaching position at Tennessee. I wonder if she had, if Phil Fulmer (Tenn AD) would have hired her. Who knows, maybe one of these days she'll get the itch to coach at the collegiate or pro level and scratch it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom