Christyn Williams “100 percent” after offseason elbow surgery | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams “100 percent” after offseason elbow surgery

Reaction Score
Everyone is excited in possibilities from the sophomores growing up and the freshmen's potential contributions in addition to the graduate transfer Dorka.

But a fully healthy Christyn and Evina will be the foundation for consistency and steadying hands in the most crucial moments that could spell the difference in their path to a national championship. It is great to hear that both are feeling great and determined to go after that NC with apparently, tunnel visions.....

Let the games begin.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
"Williams said her elbow started bothering her consistently in January and continued throughout the end of the season."

“I’m not going to use that as an excuse for my shooting percentage or whatever,” she said. “Things happen. I think my shooting was mental anyway so I don’t think that really bothered me that much.”

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
“I’m not going to use that as an excuse for my shooting percentage or whatever,” she said. “Things happen. I think my shooting was mental anyway so I don’t think that really bothered me that much.”
That's a great quote. I'm betting the mental aspect of her shooting improves if she's pain-free.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
"Williams said her elbow started bothering her consistently in January and continued throughout the end of the season."

Sometime in late January, Christyn really turned her inconsistent season around when Geno gave her the responsibility of defending opposing teams top scoring guards. Her focus on defense took the pressure off her offense and she paradoxically became a much more consistent shooter and scorer.

Add the fact that at around the same time in January Christyn’s elbow started hurting and we have yet another paradox as she became a better shooter with a sore elbow. So the logical question is, “Was Christyn’s elbow pain a distraction that also caused her to stop worrying about her offense?”

Go figure……….

Reaction Score
All of these nagging injuries should serve as a warning that nothing is guaranteed for this season.

Reaction Score
Sometime in late January, Christyn really turned her inconsistent season around when Geno gave her the responsibility of defending opposing teams top scoring guards. Her focus on defense took the pressure off her offense and she paradoxically became a much more consistent shooter and scorer.

Add the fact that at around the same time in January Christyn’s elbow started hurting and we have yet another paradox as she became a better shooter with a sore elbow. So the logical question is, “Was Christyn’s elbow pain a distraction that also caused her to stop worrying about her offense?”

Go figure……….
Interesting.....the good thing is that she will no longer feel the title quest to be primarily on her shoulders with all the quality players surrounding her. Might we finally see the Christyn against Notre Dame her freshman year throughout this year?

Reaction Score
I feel like every player on this roster has at some point had an injury in the past calendar year, which is remarkable. I wonder if it's the workouts obviously Uconn workouts are different than other teams, much much more tiresome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom