Christyn Is POY | The Boneyard

Christyn Is POY

Reaction Score
If she is that good, then Crystal will be a great role model for her when she arrives this summer on hard she has to work to take a leadership role for the UConn program. It will be interesting to see her and Crystal in the back court at the same time. Does anyone know if she can shoot and make baskets?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If she is that good, then Crystal will be a great role model for her when she arrives this summer on hard she has to work to take a leadership role for the UConn program. It will be interesting to see her and Crystal in the back court at the same time. Does anyone know if she can shoot and make baskets?
Yes she is the most dynamic perimeter player and bucket getter in the class capable of scoring at all three levels. Think Chennedy Carter or Kelsey Mitchell but much more willing to pass and without the helicopter father.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
And there is a guy in Arkansas who is not thrilled she's headed our way.

COMMENTARY: Parity Needed in Women’s Basketball
Obviously not a whole lot of research here, having counted the UCONN/Tennessee championships wrong (obviously missing one of UT's from way back when.) and having neglected two nearby neighbor contenders (Baylor and Texas) in favor of So Car. No doubt Mr. Petty (name fits) would insist that his own child go to college nearby, possibly sacrificing a better college experience out of loyalty. He's lucky not to have grown of in the sixties, when Frank Broyles and Arkansas were ruining college football by winning 6 of ten SWC Championships.

Reaction Score

Apparently, all he knows about WCBB is that Geno's and Pat's teams have won a lot of national championships, and that there aren't a ton of upsets in the WCBB NCAA tournament.
And, what's sad is, he thinks that's all he NEEDS to know to have an informed opinion about the state of the sport.

Reaction Score
I am astounded by Mr Campbell's WCBB savvy combined with his brilliant English and superb mathematics.

1. Brilliant English:;)

The top team in women’s basketball is so dominant that four of the last championships have come from Connecticut.

When one thinks of women’s basketball, he or she often thinks of dynasties.

Too much power is in the top of women’s college basketball.

2. Superb math:;)

Between 1982 and 2017, Pat Summitt won 8 championships and Geno Auriemma 11.
That is 19 (=8+ 11) championships in 36 (=2017-1982 +1) years.

Mr Campbell says
Combined, these two teams have won 18 of 32 national championships.

Mr Campbell's article is good enough for a generation of Arkansans brought up on fake news.
I will, however, strongly advise students to steer clear of Arkansas education.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am astounded by Mr Campbell's WCBB savvy combined with his brilliant English and superb mathematics.

1. Brilliant English:

The top team in women’s basketball is so dominant that four of the last championships have come from Connecticut.

When one thinks of women’s basketball, he or she often thinks of dynasties.

Too much power is in the top of women’s college basketball.

2. Superb math:

Between 1982 and 2017, Pat Summitt won 8 championships and Geno Auriemma 11.
That is 19 (=8+ 11) championships in 36 (=2017-1982 +1) years.

Mr Campbell says
Combined, these two teams have won 18 of 32 national championships.

Mr Campbell's article is good enough for a generation of Arkansans brought up on fake news.
I will, however, strongly advise students to steer clear of Arkansas education.
Yup, his writing (?) is a perfect example of why kids in Arkansas might want to get their education elsewhere.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

If some yahoo reporter in AR wants to complain about UConn's dominance of WBB, that's OK by me. He just demonstrates his ignorance. But what I do find absolutely indefensible is his decision to drag a wonderful HS kid into the argument. Christyn Williams is not Kevin Durant leaving OKC for the Golden Gate Warriors. She is a teenage kid fulfilling her dream, and she should be off limits. The last thing she needs is some idiotic adult creating a potentially negative environment for her in her home state by pointing out that she never even took a visit to the University of Arkansas. The guy should be fired and his paper sued for slander.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If some yahoo reporter in AR wants to complain about UConn's dominance of WBB, that's OK by me. He just demonstrates his ignorance. But what I do find absolutely indefensible is his decision to drag a wonderful HS kid into the argument. Christyn Williams is not Kevin Durant leaving OKC for the Golden Gate Warriors. She is a teenage kid fulfilling her dream, and she should be off limits. The last thing she needs is some idiotic adult creating a potentially negative environment for her in her home state by pointing out that she never even took a visit to the University of Arkansas. The guy should be fired and his paper sued for slander.

Dawn, Dawn ... is that you? :)

HGN

Reaction Score

Rocky, I read the Campbell man article............It sounds like to me he needs to stay in the 'can' a while longer. I couldn't tell whether he
was mad at WCBB , UConn , or basketball coaches. Or just everybody. He seems to miss the point that players want a legitimate and Best chance of
winning a NC. Not just to participate.....Players want the Best. And Geno and UConn offer the BEST.

I wonder if the author of that article , Campbell , would want to go to work for a rundown newspaper or magazine , with no chance of his articles ever
being seen by the general public ; or without him ever having a good chance of Winning a Pulitzer. Or him ever getting paid for his work. NO.
I don't think he would be in a big hurry to work for that organization........................Neither do players.:)

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Rocky, I read the Campbell man article..It sounds like to me he needs to stay in the 'can' a while longer. I couldn't tell whether he
was mad at WCBB , UConn , or basketball coaches. Or just everybody. He seems to miss the point that players want a legitimate and Best chance of
winning a NC. Not just to participate.....Players want the Best. And Geno and UConn offer the BEST.

I wonder if the author of that article , Campbell , would want to go to work for a rundown newspaper or magazine , with no chance of his articles ever
being seen by the general public ; or without him ever having a good chance of Winning a Pulitzer.
Or him ever getting paid for his work. NO.
I don't think he would be in a big hurry to work for that organization....Neither do players.:)

Based on the writing skill level and the exhaustive research exhibited in the article, I don't think there's any chance for any of those things happening. :p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If some yahoo reporter in AR wants to complain about UConn's dominance of WBB, that's OK by me. The guy should be fired and his paper sued for slander.

being seen by the general public ; or without him ever having a good chance of Winning a Pulitzer. Or him ever getting paid for his work. NO.
I don't think he would be in a big hurry to work for that organization....Neither do players.:)

Based on the writing skill level and the exhaustive research exhibited in the article, I don't think there's any chance for any of those things happening. :p
Ah looking into it a little. The "Arkansas Traveler" is the student newspaper for the Univ. of Arkansas. Sooo, that pretty much explains it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ah looking into it a little. The "Arkansas Traveler" is the student newspaper for the Univ. of Arkansas. Sooo, that pretty much explains it.
I’m currently watching the Aggies beat up the Razorbacks on the SEC network, so I might give the wayward reporter from the student rag some leeway, but it was still inappropriate to reference a HS kid in his diatribe against UConn WBB.

Reaction Score
My question for him would be, if UCONN were not dominating WCBB, would he even be aware of WCBB?
Precisely. And in years to come when some program mounts a winning streak, the comparisons will be to some past dynasty. It's by comparing stuff to past best that people know whether something is great or not. Want something unwatchable, make sure that everyone is average. Stack the deck so that everybody plays .500 ball and see how many people pay attention.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score

LOL, OK I guess I should cut him some slack too. :D

Reaction Score
Yes she is the most dynamic perimeter player and bucket getter in the class capable of scoring at all three levels. Think Chennedy Carter or Kelsey Mitchell but much more willing to pass and without the helicopter father.

Do you think she will have a steep learning curve her freshman year a la Megan, megatron walker, a quicker learning curve a la stewie or KLS, or no learning curve a la DT and MM??

Your thoughts?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom