Christyn In the Lab | The Boneyard

Christyn In the Lab

Reaction Score
I'll be in the minority here. I generally love this kind of stuff, but I thought the video was pretty much meaningless.
In more than three minutes it told us almost nothing new about Christyn. As a piece of video, it looked like some film student's final project. Five minutes of shooting her getting out of her car. 10 minutes of seemingly endless shots of her lifting weights, 10 minutes of shooting practice footage, and a bunch of stock stuff, put together on top of music that was distracting more than helpful.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Tomcat, I think your critique is unnecessarily harsh. Why do you assume that the goal was to give us new details? I took the central purpose to be a statement about her work ethic and her dedication to her team. Your estimates as to time budgeting within the production are clearly askew.

The video confirms CW's goodness of fit with the values and expectations embraced by her coach and her teammates.

But as with anything in arts and media, opinions do vary. So, we disagree.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Another little print piece on how Christyn is spending her summer.

A true globe trotter

To me the little bit that I ponder is from Geno below this piece:

"Worth quoting
Auriemma on his team, which has added three players — graduate transfer Evelyn Adebayo from Murray State, Tennessee transfer Evina Werstbrook, and freshman Anna Makurat — since the end of the season: “We have three really good players coming back, too. Just that would have most fan bases excited. ‘Wow, we have a chance to have a really, really good team.’ But people are like, ‘We don’t have this. We don’t have that.’ Well, we added a bunch of new kids and hopefully those new kids will be really, really good. I don’t think anyone in our program is expecting anything to be different than it’s been the past couple of years."

Reaction Score
I'll be in the minority here. I generally love this kind of stuff, but I thought the video was pretty much meaningless.
In more than three minutes it told us almost nothing new about Christyn. As a piece of video, it looked like some film student's final project. Five minutes of shooting her getting out of her car. 10 minutes of seemingly endless shots of her lifting weights, 10 minutes of shooting practice footage, and a bunch of stock stuff, put together on top of music that was distracting more than helpful.
Typically I like anything CW and this too didn't kill my love for her game. Yet a you pointed out the title seemed to imply more.

Reaction Score
Another little print piece on how Christyn is spending her summer.

A true globe trotter

To me the little bit that I ponder is from Geno below this piece:

"Worth quoting
Auriemma on his team, which has added three players — graduate transfer Evelyn Adebayo from Murray State, Tennessee transfer Evina Werstbrook, and freshman Anna Makurat — since the end of the season: “We have three really good players coming back, too. Just that would have most fan bases excited. ‘Wow, we have a chance to have a really, really good team.’ But people are like, ‘We don’t have this. We don’t have that.’ Well, we added a bunch of new kids and hopefully those new kids will be really, really good. I don’t think anyone in our program is expecting anything to be different than it’s been the past couple of years."
While Geno and the staff may post this (highlighted only portion) I would like to believe they too see the potential of having the Core 4 plus Griffin, Anna/Ania, Evelyn, Westbrook (if waive-red) would seem to indicate something beyond or at least equal to the last 4 years.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Such a strong kid and so motivated. Start focusing on AA teams.

and good to remember why we despise Arike and her attempt at undercutting
CW. :mad:

If memory serves, I believe it was Crystal Dangerfield that Ogunbowale gave that cheap shot sucker punch to from behind as she jogged pass her. She received a “flagrant 1” on that foul. I thought she have been tossed immediately!!!

That gesture was unnecessary and showed her complete and utter disrespect for UConn and its players. Ogunbowale NEVER apologized to CD or UConn for that act, nor has she shown or expressed any contrition since. In an interview afterwards, she seemed to wear it like a badge of honor.

If you remember, she later apologized to ND fans only!! Can you imagine for a moment the outrage and venom that would have poured out from the ND fans if a UConn player had done that to one of theirs?

I’ve softened my position on my feelings for former ND players by and by as they have transitioned into the WNBA. I have always been a big fan of Brianna Turner, and rooted for her except when she played UConn. That cheap shot Arike gave CD will stay etched in my memory forever, and serves as the main reason I don’t believe I will ever root for her or wish her good tidings or luck, regardless of whatever team she may play for, or who she may play with.

I think it’s fair to say that UConn and ND fans simply don’t like or care for each other. We share the same love/hate relationship as that of Alabama and Auburn fans. Roll Tide vs War Eagle. That rivalry goes way back. I don’t think the two fan bases have ever exchanged cards at Christmas time.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If memory serves, I believe it was Crystal Dangerfield that Ogunbowale gave that cheap shot sucker punch to from behind as she jogged pass her. She received a “flagrant 1” on that foul. I thought she have been tossed immediately!!!

That gesture was unnecessary and showed her complete and utter disrespect for UConn and its players. Ogunbowale NEVER apologized to CD or UConn for that act, nor has she shown or expressed any contrition since. In an interview afterwards, she seemed to wear it like a badge of honor.

If you remember, she later apologized to ND fans only!! Can you imagine for a moment the outrage and venom that would have poured out from the ND fans if a UConn player had done that to one of theirs?

I’ve softened my position on my feelings for former ND players by and by has they have transitioned into the WNBA. That cheap shot she gave CD will stay etched in my memory forever. I don’t believe I will ever root for her or wish her good tidings or luck, regardless of whatever team she may play for, or who she may play with.

I think it’s fair to say that UConn and ND fans share the same love/hate relationship as that of Alabama and Auburn fans for each other. Roll Tide or War Eagle.
Ogunbowle also undercut Christyn in that same game on a layup, which was a potentially dangerous play that could have injured her. To Christyn’s credit she made the layup and then yelled out “and one” as she crashed to the floor.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ogunbowle also undercut Christyn in that same game on a layup, which was a potentially dangerous play that could have injured her. To Christyn’s credit she made the layup and then yelled out “and one” as she crashed to the floor.

I had brought this one up because it was clear in the video clip that started this thread.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Ok, I do now remember that play. The cheap shot she gave CD stood out more to me that her trying to “low bridge” Christyn. So that night, she was on a mission. She engaged in what could be viewed as dirty play on 2 different occasions. Thanks for the refresher OD.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, look at the gas cap cover. “Jeep” is on it. Nice Jeep. It looks new. How nice for her. :)
Yea, looks like a "Trail Rated" Jeep. Wrangler maybe?

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
You missed the point of the video. Shows just how hard these kids work, to follow their dream.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom