Christyn in the athlete’s spotlight | The Boneyard

Christyn in the athlete’s spotlight

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Most interesting responses imo. Still, the unwillingness to ask followup questions to clarify a response is maddening.

HL: What’s one skill that you’ll be working at for next season?

CW: I’ll say getting quicker.

HL: Favorite basketball player? Why?

CW: I’ll go with LeBron James because we’re very similar, I’ll say, as far as, like, playing-wise.

HL: What’s it like being so far from home, and how have you had to adjust?

CW: It’s definitely been an adjustment. I traveled with basketball my whole life, so being away from home really wasn’t that big of a deal. We play people in our conference close to home, so I see my parents all the time. It was just an adjustment coming from the South. The North is way different than the South, so just little things there I’ve had to acclimate to.

Last edited:

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Special young lady. I enjoy watching her, she's got a lot of energy. I enjoy listening to her interviews, she's so "what you see is what you get". She's as cute as all get out and her expressions are priceless. Best news is that we have her for 3 more years. I predict she'll be a star to be remembered for years to come.

Reaction Score
Most interesting responses imo. Still, the unwillingness to ask followup questions to clarify a response is maddening.

HL: What’s one skill that you’ll be working at for next season?

CW: I’ll say getting quicker.

I think her answer should be considered in evaluating realistic expectations for her. Players usually work on their weakness. In her case it is quickness and that is something that has a ceiling. We can mitigate or compensate for lack of quickness but when we hit that ceiling that's it. Ultimately she is a player who will rely on her BBIQ and smarts along with recognition of opportunities rather than athleticism to create shots. How close she is to her ceiling in those area's will dictate realistic expectations for her. It would be far better to wait and see rather than all the speculation that we see on this site.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think her answer should be considered in evaluating realistic expectations for her. Players usually work on their weakness. In her case it is quickness and that is something that has a ceiling. We can mitigate or compensate for lack of quickness but when we hit that ceiling that's it. Ultimately she is a player who will rely on her BBQ and smarts along with recognition of opportunities rather than athleticism to create shots. How close she is to her ceiling in those area's will dictate realistic expectations for her. It would be far better to wait and see rather than all the speculation that we see on this site.
I guess her BBQ skills were honed in Arkansas. ;)

Reaction Score
... unwillingness to ask followup questions to clarify a response is maddening.
Agree some questions, like the difference between the south and north really begged for a follow-up. But I wonder, from the format, whether it was an in-person interview or something done by, perhaps, email?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Agree some questions, like the difference between the south and north really begged for a follow-up. But I wonder, from the format, whether it was an in-person interview or something done by, perhaps, email?

Possibly but I would imagine even that venue could have followups. It is not like interviewing a Hollywood Royal who would snub the reporter if they want clarification. Anyhow, any information is welcomed during this period of hibernation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom