Christyn’s Sophomore Jump | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christyn’s Sophomore Jump

Reaction Score
I think Christyn will be fine. Just give her another month. She'll be squeakin' big time in January.
While not perfect, cant think of any other shooting guards I would rather have. At times Geno still seems to be in her head. As we have seen with Griffin, this can be both good and bad. Once Christyn relaxes more and starts thinking less, we will see more production but happy with what we have today.

Reaction Score
Or that could be an example of what I remarked on. She is smart enough to know what she can and can not do. She just does what she knows she can succeed in. As I said she is a really intelligent player who knows and plays withing her abilities. So she never tries to go one on one with anyone she knows she can not beat. That is just smart ball. She does not possess the foot speed to reflect the type of player that can get her shot anytime and against anyone she wants.

Another thing I mentioned in my previous post was the desire and will to win. I don't get to see her enough to give my perspective on that, but from some of the other posts, it seems like she seems to presently lack intensity. That is a major factor in how dominant and effective a player becomes. Not saying she doesn't, but some players just lack the intensity and personality to reach their ultimate potential. There were also posters who implied that she has not improved her skill level as much as has been hoped. You can always improve skills, but desire and intensity are a product of an individual's personality and that generally does not change.

As I stated in my last post- time will tell.

I think she's trying to play within a system where it's all about passing and team play and has just been too unselfish....................still it's good to know that if they need a basket at the end of game she is capable of getting a good shot off which can't be said for the majority of current UConn players other then CD and MW..............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom