Christmas songs | The Boneyard

Christmas songs

Reaction Score
HAven't seen the usual post on favorite Christmas songs. But here's a new one this year:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The 12th day of Christmas is not until January 6, which is when the Three Wise men finally showed up.

Be that as it may, and the fact that I did not participate notwithstanding, but there was the Christmas Song Thread on the Women's board.

Reaction Score
The 12th day of Christmas is not until January 6, which is when the Three Wise men finally showed up.

Be that as it may, and the fact that I did not participate notwithstanding, but there was the Christmas Song Thread on the Women's board.
Also How about the Eastern Christians still using the Julian calendar . I think Christmas is next Wednesday.
In Hispanic culture which is ingrained in Arizona the Three Kings is a big feast .
i think the OP got a lump of coal for Christmas.

Reaction Score
. The only real rocknroll Christmas song....The Kinks

A couple of my children were in the next room when I regretfully hit start on the song you posted as I had never heard it before I didn’t know what the opening lyrics were ..... and I had to do some quick explaining. Maybe a warning not to play in front of small children would’ve been nice.... just sayin. We had @ I heart radio, 106.3 playing in our house and trucks all of December and they played nonstop Christmas songs. 24/7 and they never played that song for obvious reasons.... just sayin

Reaction Score
A couple of my children were in the next room when I regretfully hit start on the song you posted as I had never heard it before I didn’t know what the opening lyrics were ..... and I had to do some quick explaining. Maybe a warning not to play in front of small children would’ve been nice.... just sayin. We had @ I heart radio, 106.3 playing in our house and trucks all of December and they played nonstop Christmas songs. 24/7 and they never played that song for obvious reasons.... just sayin

Perhaps a bit racie. I heard it in car on NYC FM stations, including Seton Hall Univ (headbanger) radio 89.5fm, anf thought, from style, it was Metallica.

I like the above mentioned songs, plus always the Beach Boys (Little St NIck), and Jingle Bell Rock (Bobby Helms?).

ps - But it is catchy: 'cause I'm Santa Clause>

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My all time favorite is a two way tie, “The Christmas Song” by Nat King Cole and “Do They Know it’s Christmas”. Lots of other great ones. Do you hear what I hear is close to making it a three way tie.

Reaction Score
Perhaps a bit racie. I heard it in car on NYC FM stations, including Seton Hall Univ (headbanger) radio 89.5fm, anf thought, from style, it was Metallica.

I like the above mentioned songs, plus always the Beach Boys (Little St NIck), and Jingle Bell Rock (Bobby Helms?).
I don't think they were complaining because of that. I'm assuming It's because the first few lines say there is no Santa Claus and it was only their father playing Santa Claus.

Reaction Score
I don't think they were complaining because of that. I'm assuming It's because the first few lines say there is no Santa Claus and it was only their father playing Santa Claus.
your absolutely right. Merry Christmas to everyone

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This song appeared on a Walmart bargain bin Christmas medley CD years ago...I love it:

Reaction Score
your absolutely right. Merry Christmas to everyone
[/QUOTE

ooppss. Thought u were talking about Zombie Claus, not the Kinks. Replayed the sart of Zombie clip a dozen times looking for the comment on playing Santa?? Kinks always have a comment on social structure.

Reaction Score
My all time favorite is a two way tie, “The Christmas Song” by Nat King Cole and “Do They Know it’s Christmas”. Lots of other great ones. Do you hear what I hear is close to making it a three way tie.

"Do they know it's Christmas"... I always cringed at the 4th line:

"Where the only water flowing
Is the bitter sting of tears
And the Christmas bells that ring there are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you...."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
"Do they know it's Christmas"... I always cringed at the 4th line:

"Where the only water flowing
Is the bitter sting of tears
And the Christmas bells that ring there are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you...."

When Bob Geldolf asked Bono to be a part of it, Bono said “I’ll sing anything you want except this line.“. Bob said that’s the line I need you to sing. And Bob was absolutely right. Nailed it.

Reaction Score
When Jingle Bell Rock came out in 1957. I never thought they still would be. Playing it 62 years later.
Two of my guitar playing buddies played/sang it at the 8th grade Christmas show. They became popular and I was jealous. I knew I should have played guitar instead of trumpet. I could sing better than either one of them.
My grandson 11 just used it in one of his recent instagram edits. A big departure from the rap he normally uses.
Two girls in that same show harmonized Bye Bye Love . They were good and it’s was the first time I heard the song. They were more into country and it was a not yet a crossover hit yet at least my stations.
I was into R&B but I love the perfect harmony. My Dad sang in a barbershop group so I was raised with four part harmony. Unfortunately I wasn’t good enough to sing melody or disciplined enough to sing harmony.
I would give anything to hear my Dad sing Oh Holy Night with that great tenor voice

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom