OT: - Christmas Gift Idea For Older Dude | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Christmas Gift Idea For Older Dude

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Are those the only categories? Experience sounds sensible
Under "eat" is also a "drink".

People, after a certain point, have all the "stuff" they need, plus a bunch of stuff that hasn't been out of the attic in years.

An "experience" is great. Tickets to a Huskies game? Hot air balloon ride? Lots of options.

Reaction Score
eversource and the heating oil folks should sell gift cards.
totally, not kidding.
i mean, it's holiday season where everybody says 'warmest wishes, warmest greetings,' and such to each other.
words, meh. don't say it, just do it.
'here, best of the season to you! have a drum of No. 2 heating oil!'
Especially today. Eversource just asked approval that the kwh rate to jump from 11c to 24c! Huge increases in bills.

Reaction Score
My wife's grandmother was very wise in a down-home Canadian way, She once told us at Christmas time, "I have no use for more STUFF! If I can't eat it or drink it (she LOVED doing both!), I don't want it!" Now that I am a crusty old guy myself, I feel exactly the same. I have over a dozen Red Sox hats and probably that many Husky caps. I probably own every guitar tshirt ever made. NO MORE STUFF, please!

Reaction Score
Well I guess I fall under your older dude qualifications but don't make me older by getting me socks or gifts cards or any of that old people stuff. Give me bourbon to keep me young!!

Reaction Score
Well I guess I fall under your older dude qualifications but don't make me older by getting me socks or gifts cards or any of that old people stuff. Give me bourbon to keep me young!!
Amazing how Bourbon makes folks charming/funny/more intelligent. A lot of problems of the world are solved having a sip or two

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
How about a subscription to one of those meal kits hello fresh or blue apron? Or if they visit family a gift card to an airline?

Reaction Score
Don't know what the budget is, but I would get tickets to an "event" - like opening day for the Mets/Sox/Yankees or some other sport he might be interested in.

Reaction Score
Being an older dude that pretty much has everything I want or need, restaurant gift cards are always welcomed.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Older man- younger girl..

No seriously my father always likes a ten pack of passes to the local car wash for Xmas uses them during the winter when to cold to wash outside
Some car washes in my area are now offering unlimited monthly car wash/wax deals for the price of one wash/wax ($18-20). Sign of the times and useful. Especially in the winter and spring (pollen).

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
for the older dudes and damsels living in the northeast, it's really smart to have some sort of foot traction gear. Yak Trax or nano spikes or something. Even if it's not a Christmas gift, make sure they have them. One bad fall on the ice can do a lot of damage.

Reaction Score
Another idea might be to give as a "gift" a donation to a charity in their name, perhaps to a cause that is meaningful to them. We've given gifts to people before for Heifer International, which gives people in very poor countries cows, goats, chickens etc- they can raise them, sell products, have both a food and income source. Is there a local project in your town towards which funds can be donated and maybe say "donated by name" or "gift from name"? Does a local park need a bench or two? Lots of possibilities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom