Christian Vital signs with BG Goettingen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christian Vital signs with BG Goettingen

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
yup, was really happy to see him at #43 on Hollinger’s draft board. I think his size is what’s holding him back the most, but it was awesome to see JH write, “he has low-key Pat Beverly/Kyle Lowry potential”

I guess I’m asking because when I saw he signed with a German club, I figured he was moving on from trying to get drafted this year. But could this actually be a situation where he gets to play competitive basketball for a couple of months before the draft and actually boost his stock?

those guys seemed to be better athletes. But again testing will be key. How long is he? He plays really long. I bet the list of guys who play longer than their height, vital would be on it.

I think those are a little aggressive. He seems like a guy the rockets would take though

Reaction Score
Giffey was in year 5 last year and made 765,297€ and looks like the youngest guys on that team were making between 200,000 and 300,000€

whoa, not bad!

Reaction Score
Congratulations to the young man. I will freely admit that I did not see the level that he played at in February as possible until it happened. That having been said, comparing his athleticism to Kyle Lowry's is absurd. He is nowhere near that level of athleticism. What he brings is a huge heart, solid 3 point shooting and great foul shooting and fundamental soundness in many areas of the game. That doesn't seem like enough to get you into the NBA if you're also undersized, but I'd love to see him get there.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Congratulations to the young man. I will freely admit that I did not see the level that he played at in February as possible until it happened. That having been said, comparing his athleticism to Kyle Lowry's is absurd. He is nowhere near that level of athleticism. What he brings is a huge heart, solid 3 point shooting and great foul shooting and fundamental soundness in many areas of the game. That doesn't seem like enough to get you into the NBA if you're also undersized, but I'd love to see him get there.
Politely disagree
Lowry may appear stronger but he gained that muscle after leaving Nova
CV has a lot more hops and is extremely athletic
Not equitable to compare the two at a standpoint of where they are now
I will say that Lowry is a more consistent scorer and ball handler but Ive seen him throw up a bunch of stinkers in the NBA

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I remember Lowry being a “good college player.” The fact he’s carved out this long and successful of a career is incredible. I think CV may be able to do the same. He has shown an ability to play both sides of the ball at a high level and board like no 6’1 dude has any right to.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Even as a huge CV booster, I would pump the brakes on the Lowry comparisons.

That said, I've noticed an increasing trend of guards roughly his size spending a couple of years in Europe before latching on for good in the NBA. Maybe that's a path he can go down, provided he keeps it up against top European competition.

Reaction Score
Comparing CV to a 6 time all-star is not fair but CV is certainly as athletic or more so than Lowry. Christian could find his way on to a roster but would need to improve his handle. I wouldn't put it past him though and nothing would make me happier

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He has potential as a 3 and D guard for a team that has a point forward. He'd fit well with Lebron, Giannis or Harden as the George Hill type.

Reaction Score
It's a shame there's not going to be an NBA summer league this year. Would have been fun to root for CV there. Really happy he seems to have landed in a good spot.

With his defensive effort and 3 point shooting, I think there is an outside shot that he could have a cup of coffee in the NBA someday. It would require a lot of hard work and good luck though. I think there is a 0% chance of him getting drafted, but it's cool that he's being mentioned at least.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Considering he has an agreement with this team in Germany, if a team wanted to secure his rights, I’m guessing they could “draft and stash” him overseas as he gains more experience much like they do with international players. Worst case, I’d have to imagine there are clauses negotiated into his deal where he could break the contract if drafted by an NBA team and given a guaranteed deal.
Toronto drafted and then stashed Deandre Daniels. He played for Perth Wildcats in Australia I believe.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Christian Vital has 0 chance of being drafted or ever playing in the NBA. I'm a fan, but come on.

Reaction Score
Christian Vital has 0 chance of being drafted or ever playing in the NBA. I'm a fan, but come on.

Rodney Purvis has played in the NBA. Christian Vital certainly has a decent chance of making the league at some point.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Clearly, you are not
Being a fan and realizing a players limitations aren't mutually exclusive things. Your credibility really takes a hit if you think Vital is NBA bound.

Reaction Score
Being a fan and realizing a players limitations aren't mutually exclusive things. Your credibility really takes a hit if you think Vital is NBA bound.
At the risk of jeopardizing my credibility, I truly thought that Christian Vital was playing excellent basketball over the final 10 or 12 games of last season. When I say excellent I mean at a level above what Rodney Purvis ever did in college. As we know, Purvis played in some (not a lot of) NBA games. With Vital's heart and skillset I wouldn't bet against him. He rebounds incredibly well for a guard, hits free throws, gets lots of steals, and can score. I get that he doesn't have point guard skills and he is small to be a shooting guard, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. I'm not a guy who buys or wears jerseys but if Vital makes an NBA team I would be proud to wear one in his honor.

Reaction Score
He's not gonna be drafted, but his chances of making the NBA are not 0. He was on the radar of multiple draft guys and scouts, so even if it's a longshot it ever happens, there's a chance

Reaction Score
Lowry was strong at Nova. He also always had heart and a high motor.

Kyle didn't have much of a shot in college but quickly developed that in the NBA.

It seems very difficult for a former college guy to go overseas first and then work into the NBA. Your best shot is your first draft.

Reaction Score

For those who don't speak German:

Our test match against @PB_Baskets starts in around 90 minutes - before that we have a roster update for you: Christian Vital will leave our team again. The U.S. Guard has asked for his contract to be terminated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom