Christian Vital joins Raptors Summer League Squad | The Boneyard

Christian Vital joins Raptors Summer League Squad

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
CV - YES
You go get'em
Just Love this guy
i didn't for a long while, but then something happened to him and the team in the winter of his senior season, and then we took off. second only to the 'jerome got broken' season,' this squad sits in my 'what if' thoughts. even danny noticed - '“Just the way he’s handled things, especially these last six weeks,' 2/26/20
Mike Anthony: Christian Vital’s value to UConn is more apparent every step, and even every shot, of the way
at the time of the article, they were 15-12, and reasonable hope was mebbe nit.
they won out, 19-12, and all in the league knew that they were good, and dangerous heading into the league tourney. chris was locked in and it all was flowing. he was 1st team, lead the league in both win shares and box plus/minus, and turned into a stone cold winner.
i had them winning a few, and mebbe even the whole tourney, and punching their ticket either way into the big dance. high hopes based on the eye test, with the numbers catching up.
not to be. cv was 33 minutes (senior leadership), james tyler al and akok were around 25, and josh jalen isiah and brendan were around 20.
looking back now, with four of those guys in or around the nba scene (james, josh, cv, and isiah), it don't seem farfetched for me to think that's our best squad in dannys time here so far.
cv made me a fan of his, and with those stats shown previously, 18/4/3, 25 minutes per in a pro league, well, if it was easy, everybody could do it, cuz they give you money if you can.
so, like you, love this guy. a winner.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Character. Total focus. Will to win. Impose your will on opponent (a JC favorite).

BTW, just noticed Justin Champagnie also on that Toronto Raptors summer league roster shown above.

Reaction Score
Character. Total focus. Will to win. Impose your will on opponent (a JC favorite).

BTW, just noticed Justin Champagnie also on that Toronto Raptors summer league roster shown above.

Champagnies twin bro from Pitt. Also Ryan Hawkins Creighton and Harper Jr RU.

Good luck to Christian!

Reaction Score
i didn't for a long while, but then something happened to him and the team in the winter of his senior season, and then we took off. second only to the 'jerome got broken' season,' this squad sits in my 'what if' thoughts. even danny noticed - '“Just the way he’s handled things, especially these last six weeks,' 2/26/20
Mike Anthony: Christian Vital’s value to UConn is more apparent every step, and even every shot, of the way
at the time of the article, they were 15-12, and reasonable hope was mebbe nit.
they won out, 19-12, and all in the league knew that they were good, and dangerous heading into the league tourney. chris was locked in and it all was flowing. he was 1st team, lead the league in both win shares and box plus/minus, and turned into a stone cold winner.
i had them winning a few, and mebbe even the whole tourney, and punching their ticket either way into the big dance. high hopes based on the eye test, with the numbers catching up.
not to be. cv was 33 minutes (senior leadership), james tyler al and akok were around 25, and josh jalen isiah and brendan were around 20.
looking back now, with four of those guys in or around the nba scene (james, josh, cv, and isiah), it don't seem farfetched for me to think that's our best squad in dannys time here so far.
cv made me a fan of his, and with those stats shown previously, 18/4/3, 25 minutes per in a pro league, well, if it was easy, everybody could do it, cuz they give you money if you can.
so, like you, love this guy. a winner.

He took a while for me to be a proponent as well. Always had the will but I wasn’t sure it was Team focused as much as individual early on. He lured me in late in his career though, tough kid with a clutch feel to him especially as he matured.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
He took a while for me to be a proponent as well. Always had the will but I wasn’t sure it was Team focused as much as individual early on. He lured me in late in his career though, tough kid with a clutch feel to him especially as he matured.
wow. we agree on something.

now, im headin for the bunker cuz the force has been messed with, and i ain't gettin hit in the keyster by no lightning bolt, or having a tree fall on my head.

Reaction Score
wow. we agree on something.

now, im headin for the bunker cuz the force has been messed with, and i ain't gettin hit in the keyster by no lightning bolt, or having a tree fall on my head.

We probably agree with more than you think Cliff.... actually 2 in a row Newport and CV w t f...... Yanks still can’t hit though :oops: :D

Reaction Score
Agree 100% and as I got to know CV better, I really liked him as a person.

Reaction Score
The other thing I would add is that CV was at the Gampel game in which James became a sideshow with his antics. CV wisely demonstrated maturity in staying away from that sideshow and scene.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom