Christain Vital Tweet | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Christain Vital Tweet

Reaction Score
Rashad stepped up in critical moments, that's for sure. CV never had the chance. But CV's UConn career is not yet over. He has a chance to be UConn's all-time 3 point leader and win some critical games for us next year. Let's see how things play out. Rashad hit some great shots to win critical games for us, he also lost the George Mason game for us with his inability to dribble or pass. Rashad has four inches on CV, CV has a better motor. To date, they're comparable players in overall impact. I hope to see CV step up next year.

You think Rashad lost that game for us? Seriously? I wish I could remember less about that day.

By far, the #1 reason we lost is because Hilton, Boone, and Nelson got eaten up alive on the defensive end by their undersized bigs.

I can't deal with this thread. Why don't some of you just also link to "Living on a Prayer" and tell me it's the best song ever. Some of us are still living with too much bad memory from that day to just read made up crap from that weekend in DC.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He wouldn’t play over Austrie at all. Austrie was the starting PG half that season until Marcus Williams came back from his punishment.

Austrie, while not great, was very very steady. Complete opposite of CV actually. He allowed the other talent to shine. Kind of like a pure game manager in football. Just don't screw anything up.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'll echo the sentiment that CV is similar to TRob. Both are good players at times when the program is in need of great players.

CVs role would be very different if he played on some of the NC teams. It's not a knock on him.

John Gwynn is arguably the best player off the bench at Uconn. If UConn could get Vital to be in that role it would mean great things for the team and Vital.

I don't see the Trob comparison so much. Trob was a very good athlete. And he was a fairly complete player.

Vital has a more consistent motor, as Trob drifted at times during games. But when he turned it up, he was fierce.

Tony was a better overall player.

I guess their roles were similar?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
By far, the #1 reason we lost is because Hilton, Boone, and Nelson got eaten up alive on the defensive end by their undersized bigs.

Our post play was absolutely tragic.

Except Jeff Adrien. He was a revelation that day. 17pts (87.5% shooting); 7 rbd.

But he only got 25min. Thought JC should have never taken him out once he got in.

Reaction Score
Our post play was absolutely tragic.

Except Jeff Adrien. He was a revelation that day. 17pts (87.5% shooting); 7 rbd.

But he only got 25min. Thought JC should have never taken him out once he got in.

I remember thinking the same. But Jeff got more run that day than he had to date, and it was a balance. That day, his quickness and explosiveness off the floor, for whatever reason, worked better than size and strength of our starters.

But blaming it on Rashad? Just total fiction.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I used to think there was better basketball talk here than the other college bball boards, that's definitely changed.
There's still 5 more pages to this thread?

I'm going to skip to the current page to see if I can figure out what has kept this alive. If anyone wants to fill me in on pages 4-7 I'd appreciate it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I remember thinking the same. But Jeff got more run that day than he had to date, and it was a balance. That day, his quickness and explosiveness off the floor, for whatever reason, worked better than size and strength of our starters.

But blaming it on Rashad? Just total fiction.
If this comment is about how we'd have beaten George Mason if Adrien had been allowed to, sign me on.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Not even that's correct. He made a lay-up to tie the game. He missed a 3 for the win.

That layup was beautiful, too. It was a reverse. Lot of composure to go reverse with time running out. It bounced on the rim 3 times before falling. I queued it up below:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Austrie, while not great, was very very steady. Complete opposite of CV actually. He allowed the other talent to shine. Kind of like a pure game manager in football. Just don't screw anything up.

He absolutely would’ve started over austrie in 09 after Dyson went down.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
One thing I think important to consider here is how much the game has changed...three ball has become much more common place. I saw some of the shooting percentage stats looked comparable but a high volume shooter at high 30’s low 40’s was worth way more 15-20 years ago than it is now

Reaction Score
That layup was beautiful, too. It was a reverse. Lot of composure to go reverse with time running out. It bounced on the rim 3 times before falling. I queued it up below:

Thanks for bringing back painful memories. We should have crushed them and as good as Calhoun was, I blame him because I thought he lost the attention of the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom