Chris Herren story on 30 30. | The Boneyard

Chris Herren story on 30 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His downfall started his first day at BCU, when he walked into a dorm room and they were doing blow.

It's an amazing story and very well done by the guys at the four-letter network. So far, it looks like a happy ending. Wish the guy good luck.

Reaction Score
He came to my college to speak and it was truly moving. A couple of my really close friends got to take him out to dinner afterwards because they head the club that brought him to the school. They said it was evident how great of a guy he really was n that setting. We must have oth watched it at 9:30 last night on espnu. It's a must watch for anyone.

Reaction Score
Amazing story. I was switching between this and the Fiesta bowl the entire time ...

Reaction Score
I met his brother, Mike, when he was a freshman player at BCU. Mike was injured when they played UCONN and I worked as a security guard at Gampel and had floor duty that game. We chatted for 40 minutes while the team went thru pre-game stretches and warm-ups. Being a hoop junkie even back then, I knew all about Mike who was a stud recruit and a leading scorer in Mass history at that time. Mike was a good guy but you could tell he came up from a tough environment.

Hope Chris keeps up the good work and best wishes for him and Mike.

While on the trwadmill at the gym, I was also swithcing between the Fiesta Bowl and the Herren movie. Both were riveting TV.

FAST

Reaction Score
that 30 for 30 was so well done. it definitely helps that herren's life provided an entertaining story line, but i thought the overall production of that documentary was far and away the best of the series so far. the interviews were really candid and insightful, especially with his brother. I was happy to see he seems to have his addictions under control now and is using his story as an influence for others.

Reaction Score
Just watched it. Very, very good. The kid was immensely talented and threw it all away. Glad to see he has bounced back and is doing good things again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom