Chris Dailey's post game comments - quite negative... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chris Dailey's post game comments - quite negative...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
much ado about nothing. lack of focus and intensity is to be expected against a team that puts the ball in the basket twice in one half. calm down. buffalo and dayton will be better, and they will play better.

I agree. The team isn't missing shots because they're bad shooters, they're missing because they're playing too quickly, trying to win the game and make A Big Shot on every offensive possession. It reminds me that this is still a very young team. Besides, I've heard Geno talk about "trying to win the game in the first five minutes" just about every year since I started watching UConn, except for maybe the 2001-2002 season when the team was dominated by seniors.

When hasn't the offense been ugly for the first 4 weeks or so of a new season?

As for the "rebounding her own missed shots", Geno and CD wailed and gnashed their teeth over Tina's doing this exact same thing for her first two years as a Husky. Geno sarcastically said that Tina padded her offensive rebound stats because she missed so many point blank shots. Same song, different year.

Reaction Score
Besides, I've heard Geno talk about "trying to win the game in the first five minutes" just about every year since I started watching UConn, except for maybe the 2001-2002 season when the team was dominated by seniors.

Geno sarcastically said that Tina padded her offensive rebound stats because she missed so many point blank shots. Same song, different year.

Nan, are you saying that Geno needs to freshen up his repertoire?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
LOL. Let's make a list of Geno's familiar complaints. I'll start:

She can't guard a chair...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nan, are you saying that Geno needs to freshen up his repertoire?
First Rebecca, then Kara, then Tamika, then JMO, next... who? they were all called the worst post player in America by Geno at one time or another. wouldn't surprise me if he started reprising that one too!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"The next time she runs a play it will be the first time."

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"You (insert name here) had one more rebound than a dead person."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
my mistake . but not accurate about kiah, since none of her rebounds were of her own missed shot. she did miss 2 layups after rebounding someone else's shot. CD might have mentioned kiah's 5 blocked shots, along with those 11 rebounds in 20 minutes.

I remember at least one if not two rebounds of her own misses.

On the other hand I thought she had a decent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom