Chris Dailey talks about "your reputation" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chris Dailey talks about "your reputation"

Reaction Score
I thought this set of quotes from Dailey was particularly insightful and illuminating...

"Part of the reason we've taken away Twitter is because, and I tell this to the players, 'We are saving you from yourselves because as you see there are adults, much older, much more experienced and grown up than you are who are unable to handle it, and in an emotional moment will put something out there and you can't get that back.' We talk about it in that way.

"It's a positive in that it's one less distraction you don't have to worry about, whether someone is liking your tweet or not liking your tweet, and then with Instagram and Snapchat we just talk to them about being appropriate. I mean, there are kids that don't get into college because of what they have on their social media pages and there are people post-grad who don't get jobs for the same reason.
"

Drilled this into my daughter's head. I can't keep her off, but let her know what you post can stop you from getting a lot of things in life.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm hardly tech savvy but my best guess is that Snapchat, Instagram and some others are more private..... the sender decides who's allowed to view the posts......while twitter can also be private, most folks leave twitter as an open site where all can see unless the sender bans an individual from seeing each message.....feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this
I think you can control Twitter just as much as you can the others... Twitter can be private as well. I don't think CD is totally in the loop with social media, I think she's just stuck on Twitter

Reaction Score
There is a cute exchange between Gabby and Lexie on twitter. Too bad I don't know how to link it!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
After an exhaustive number of interviews for a high level job, the candidate, in the final interview before being offered the job, asked, "What's your sign?" That was the end for that candidate. Simple words sometimes lead to devastating results.
I guess his sign was Stop. Do Not Enter.

Reaction Score
I think you can control Twitter just as much as you can the others... Twitter can be private as well. I don't think CD is totally in the loop with social media, I think she's just stuck on Twitter

True but Twitter seems to be the place to tell the world what you think with a limited number of characters leading to quick spur of the moment messages/opinions which are often misinterpreted

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom