Chris Dailey on Bria and Heather | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chris Dailey on Bria and Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only game other than once a year on Senior Night that Geno has given a player a start for any reason other than the overall benefit of the team, was Nakisha's last game. And with all the controversy that stirred up, he probably will never do it again!
Doty no longer has the skills she had before the injuries, but her basketball IQ is much better. Her presence help keep the team calm and get past the adrenalin rush of the first few minutes of any contest - even in the Kentucky game where she was having trouble with the pressure.
And I also think Bria truly benefitted from those first few minutes to study the game and talk with CD and Shea on the bench. When she got into the game she was ready and she knew how to attack. She might not have performed as well had she started.
I don't think she or Doty or anyone else would have done anything for 'sentimental' reasons - these folks are fierce about basketball, emotions be d_mned!

Geno also has bent over backwards to start players who are going to be playing near their home turf for the last time.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno also has bent over backwards to start players who are going to be playing near their home turf for the last time.
My bad ... You are so correct. But it has been a while since we specifically scheduled a 'home coming' game and really almost all of those were for the stars from far away, so they were mostly starters anyway.

Reaction Score
The only game other than once a year on Senior Night that Geno has given a player a start for any reason other than the overall benefit of the team, was Nakisha's last game. And with all the controversy that stirred up, he probably will never do it again!
Doty no longer has the skills she had before the injuries, but her basketball IQ is much better. Her presence help keep the team calm and get past the adrenalin rush of the first few minutes of any contest - even in the Kentucky game where she was having trouble with the pressure.
And I also think Bria truly benefitted from those first few minutes to study the game and talk with CD and Shea on the bench. When she got into the game she was ready and she knew how to attack. She might not have performed as well had she started.
I don't think she or Doty or anyone else would have done anything for 'sentimental' reasons - these folks are fierce about basketball, emotions be d_mned!

No they really didn't. In fact, they'd usually make the team look disjointed until Bria entered the game. Because Doty just can't handle Diggins' pressure.

Doty said she knew Geno was starting her out of loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom