Chris Dailey and Baylor Asst Coach Chloe Pavech | The Boneyard

Chris Dailey and Baylor Asst Coach Chloe Pavech

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A wonderful Maggie Vanoni article on Chris Dailey and Chloe Pavlech.

Prior to Pavlech, Dailey says UConn used its male team managers as graduate assistants. However, when the program had the chance to create another graduate assistant role, they wanted to reshape the position. The program wanted the role to help women, particularly women of color, experience coaching and learn from the program that set the standard in women's basketball.

"The idea is to give women, and women of color, opportunity to see what it's like and hopefully develop them into the future of our game, college coaches," Dailey said. "And it hasn't always worked that every one of them has gone on and really found that this is what they wanted to do. It's a lot, especially when you're a college player and all you do as a college player is walk around and things happen.

"When you get to this side, you see everything that goes into it. And it's like, 'Oh, Oh.’ … So, when we talk to our GAs, we talk to them, ‘You can make this experience anything you want. You can make it as much or as little.’ And Chloe chose to make it a big part."

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I wish everyone could read this story. Great stuff from Chloe.

"I know she's always watching and so for me, it may sound weird, but I think whenever I do anything, especially in coaching, she's in the back of my mind," Pavlech said. "… I think it's a great thing for me. I think the experiences that I had here and that I learned here have helped me be successful in life. And so, I always thank her and coach (Auriemma) for that."

"People dream about playing UConn, love playing against UConn and for me to be able to call, you know, two of the greatest coaches in the game coach Auriemma and CD two family members I think is incredible because not many people get the chance to truly know them," Pavlech said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler
Top Bottom