Chris Clarke article- to make decision soon | The Boneyard

Chris Clarke article- to make decision soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very positive article for vols ; they are probably in the drivers seat.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Very positive article for vols ; they are probably in the drivers seat.
It was written by Knoxblogs.com...clearly they are going to favor the article toward Tennessee. This article means nothing as far as who is going to land Clarke. We are definitely in the hunt.

Reaction Score
It was written by Knoxblogs.com...clearly they are going to favor the article toward Tennessee. This article means nothing as far as who is going to land Clarke. We are definitely in the hunt.
I think we're pretty much out of it.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth the 247 guys have switched their predictions to Tennessee. I'd like to see Clarke in a UConn uniform, but if I had the choice I would go with Mack. I prefer guys that know how to shoot. I'm just worried we got in on Mack too late. He's visiting next weekend so hopefully he's blown away and gives us a verbal.

Reaction Score
I posted right after his visit that this was not happening and got roasted. No idea or feel for Mack.

Reaction Score
I posted right after his visit that this was not happening and got roasted. No idea or feel for Mack.
The only folks who roasted you are the ones who complain about the sky being blue and water being wet. The vast majority of us really do appreciate what you bring to the 'Yard.

Reaction Score
Given we'll have Hamilton, Adams, Purvis, Calhoun, Cassel, etc. I could see some kids not wanting to compete with all of that. I'd like Stone and then Jones or Briscoe.

I like next year's team even if we add no one else, assuming no one leaves early.

Reaction Score
^ I don't get that. They don't have competition at UK, Dook? Makes no sense.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth the 247 guys have switched their predictions to Tennessee. I'd like to see Clarke in a UConn uniform, but if I had the choice I would go with Mack. I prefer guys that know how to shoot. I'm just worried we got in on Mack too late. He's visiting next weekend so hopefully he's blown away and gives us a verbal.
I especially like SFs who can shoot. Nothing against Clark who appears to be more of a slasher from very little we have seen but give me a 3 pt. threat from the 3 position.

Reaction Score
Scot-e said:
^ I don't get that. They don't have competition at UK, Dook? Makes no sense.

If you're top 10-20, you think/know you'll play. If we lose Diamond Stone, it won't be for fear of competition.

If you are in the second tier, you may worry about playing time and try to find someplace where there are clear minutes to be had. A guy like Clarke won't necessarily be scared of competition, but those advising him will want him to get lots of pt to develop and fear he'll be buried on the bench (or reduced to part time role player status) if Hamilton sticks around 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yup source is extremely biased. Sounds like a limited chance of landing him

Reaction Score
I always tell myself I won't care about recruiting yet I always get involved. I know it will work out great but it seems we are going to have to wait until spring for some decisions.

Reaction Score
I always tell myself I won't care about recruiting yet I always get involved. I know it will work out great but it seems we are going to have to wait until spring for some decisions.

Good thing we already have 2 top 50 recruits in the fold. I will be very surprised if we swing and miss on all of Jones, Mack, Clarke, Stone and Briscoe. Add any of those guys and this will be one of our best classes ever.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I would label Clarke as more of a small forward than a shooting guard. Odd they called him a shooting guard when his 3pt range is less than average, he's played SF the past 2 years, can rebound really well for his height, and he's 6'6". But he's a SG.

Reaction Score
Stone and then anyone else is great. With Stone I think we are top 3, else, top 7-8.

Good thing we already have 2 top 50 recruits in the fold. I will be very surprised if we swing and miss on all of Jones, Mack, Clarke, Stone and Briscoe. Add any of those guys and this will be one of our best classes ever.

Reaction Score
The thing to remember is that, thanks to Adams & Enoch and a roster full of guys who'll be returning, we're already sitting pretty for 2015-16. Only way we're in real trouble is if Purvis & Hamilton both blow up, and somebody convinces the both of them (and Amida) to go into the draft.

But even then...

PG: TSam (Jr), Adams (Fr)
SG: Cassell (Jr)
SF: Omar (Sr)
PF: Kentan (Jr), Lubin (So)
C: Nolan (Sr), Enoch (Fr)

That's if we whiff on literally everybody else in this class, and 3 guys jump ship early. Two things that aren't going to happen.

So I say it's smart to follow recruiting. Get involved and take it seriously, because everything about it reflects how strong we are as a program both currently and historically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom