Chris Beard Fiance Recants | The Boneyard

Chris Beard Fiance Recants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of $$ on the line. Has Beard been fired? Assuming he does get fired I assume some lawsuit will follow. I wonder how Beard gets around morality clause in his contract.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
She didn't deny that the whole thing happened, if anyone thinks that from the title. She's just adopted Chris's spin that she "started it" with the glasses breaking.
That’s not what she did. She told police originally that she started it by breaking her glasses. The difference is now she’s saying Beard was just defending himself and he didn’t choke or bite etc her—as she told police when she originally called 911. Not too difficult to connect the dots on this one.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Texas should pay him to stay home. 5 million per year is worth not having him around the program.

Reaction Score
That’s not what she did. She told police originally that she started it by breaking her glasses. The difference is now she’s saying Beard was just defending himself and he didn’t choke or bite etc her—as she told police when she originally called 911. Not too difficult to connect the dots on this one.

She said "Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening." Presumably meaning "he didn't put both hands around my throat and squeeze," but we already knew he didn't do that. It seems like the purpose of saying it though is to give people the impression that he didn't obstruct her breathing, which I agree is the lawyers' spin. It doesn't mean she took back him obstructing her breathing.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
She said "Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening." Presumably meaning "he didn't put both hands around my throat and squeeze," but we already knew he didn't do that. It seems like the purpose of saying it though is to give people the impression that he didn't obstruct her breathing, which I agree is the lawyers' spin. It doesn't mean she took back him obstructing her breathing.
Sounds like you have a personal agenda against CB or you are involved in the case first hand - which one?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Sounds like you have a personal agenda against CB or you are involved in the case first hand - which one?

Neither, but I'm sure the thread will get locked soon either way, so not much point in continuing.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This was always going to be the case. Texas tech has a litany of these stories about her insanity and Beard is a known self-admitted drinker.

Of course she is going to recant, it’s killing the golden goose if he doesn’t get his job back.

This will happen again. The co-dependent dysfunction between the two of them is well documented. Hope they can work it out. I have my doubts. More likely the next time is worse. That’s the way this usually goes.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You’re telling on yourself if you reflexively believe this version.

Anybody here ever bitten a woman in self defense?

stsp-star-trek.gif
Yes, this was about how early I thought the original story would have been moved to a prior different forum. I don't expect much light on the subject, but we might get some more heat.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
This was always going to be the case. Texas tech has a litany of these stories about her insanity and Beard is a known self-admitted drinker.

Of course she is going to recant, it’s killing the golden goose if he doesn’t get his job back.

This will happen again. The co-dependent dysfunction between the two of them is well documented. Hope they can work it out. I have my doubts. More likely the next time is worse. That’s the way this usually goes.
Why hope they work it out? I hope they walk away and we never hear from either of them again

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I have read this too. She is pretty much textbook borderline personality disorder if half of the Tech stories are true. That doesn’t excuse any of Beard’s behavior, but this relationship is a two way street of dysfunction.

Texas should cut Beard loose now. He has been with her long enough that he clearly likes this dynamic and also as clearly has his own serious issues. This situation will not get better.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
She didn't deny that the whole thing happened, if anyone thinks that from the title. She's just adopted Chris's spin that she "started it" with the glasses breaking.
She said she lied to police about his strangling her. She said she initiated the struggle by breaking his glasses and is basically saying that his statement about only acting in self defense is correct. She appears to have absolved him of any blame thus clearing him from any reason to be fired and preclude him from losing his annual $5 million salary. I'm sure that after her head cleared a bit cooler heads prevailed. That's an awful lot of dough they have on the line here. He can be immediately fired without pay on her first statement. She is now in a position to be arrested for lying to police. But it seems to me that the way is being cleared here for things to be patched up by Chris and her to live happily ever after with all that money. I might be thinking a little cynically here but hey, after further review, "it was all my fault".

Reaction Score
She said she lied to police about his strangling her. She said she initiated the struggle by breaking his glasses and is basically saying that his statement about only acting in self defense is correct. She appears to have absolved him of any blame thus clearing him from any reason to be fired and preclude him from losing his annual $5 million salary. I'm sure that after her head cleared a bit cooler heads prevailed. That's an awful lot of dough they have on the line here. He can be immediately fired without pay on her first statement. She is now in a position to be arrested for lying to police. But it seems to me that the way is being cleared here for things to be patched up by Chris and her to live happily ever after with all that money. I might be thinking a little cynically here but hey, after further review, "it was all my fault".
Yikes. This take is painfully ignorant to how DV situations work a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom