Chop wood... | The Boneyard

Chop wood...

Reaction Score
Recently started reading this book, which Hurley asked the team to read right after being hired.

When players were not pushed out in favor of opening up scholarships, it really shouldn’t have been a surprise if you just look at the back cover of this book.

The two lines I’ve highlighted in the pic below are right in line with Hurley’s decision not to push anyone out. He’s more concerned about the process and the long game.

Attachments

• 6F466E8D-CF4D-4A26-83B4-5FEC41CC3856.jpeg
    6F466E8D-CF4D-4A26-83B4-5FEC41CC3856.jpeg
    647.6 KB · Views: 346
Reaction Score
I read the book this spring...pretty solid but a lot different than we I expected

Reaction Score
Anyone else read this book and hate it? I can see why Hurley chose it. These types of books always just feel like a lot of words to describe common sense to me.
429 how old are you? It’s common sense to me but wasn’t when I was 18, or maybe not as evident until it's explicitly said and explained. I think it’s good for kids to read.

Reaction Score
Recently started reading this book, which Hurley asked the team to read right after being hired.

When players were not pushed out in favor of opening up scholarships, it really shouldn’t have been a surprise if you just look at the back cover of this book.

The two lines I’ve highlighted in the pic below are right in line with Hurley’s decision not to push anyone out. He’s more concerned about the process and the long game.

I love the Last caption.... Our own Nick Ahmed!!!! Go Huskies!!!!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

WRT the two highlighted points. I'm a firm believer that a mediocre plan executed to its fullest throughout and organization which has buy in at all levels beats a better plan inconsistently applied or supported.

Common sense? Yes, to most anyone who has been around a few years and has had the chance to view outstanding organizations and crappy organizations. To a teenager? Not so much.

It sucks when you are in a group and everyone is brainstorming and you know you had the best idea and it didn't win out. But sulking over it rather than going full in on the decision which was made only lessens results.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom