Chong commits!! | The Boneyard

Chong commits!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bret McCormick@ASGR1995
Saniya Chong #20 2013 5-9 PG from Ossining HS NY has pledged to be a Connecticut Huskie. She committed on her official visit.

:)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Not a surprise, but a welcome development nonetheless.

Sorry, but there was no way Louisville or tOSU were winning this one. The programs don't compare, and he family can go to her games regularly. Ossining is as close to CT as you can be without actually being in Connecticut.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn, Saniya!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Good news!

Last season we had some intrepid Westchester County Boneyarders who went to see her play and dutifully reported their wisdom on the board. Hope that happens again....many times over.

Note: Ossining High is slated to participate in the big Nike event in Arizona in late December. I hope they get tossed in the toughest division with the elite national teams....the black division.

Note #2: I saw Ossining get toasted by Breanna's Cicero team last March deep in the NYS tourney. I think Ossining had no seniors in the starting lineup. If they make it back to Albany in March 2013, I'll go again and will be fascinated to see how she has progressed.

Reaction Score
Not a surprise, but a welcome development nonetheless.

Sorry, but there was no way Louisville or tOSU were winning this one. The programs don't compare, and he family can go to her games regularly. Ossining is as close to CT as you can be without actually being in Connecticut.
I can ruefully say Alex is all wet on this one. It was an emotional decision, made on the spot, and neither Saniya nor her high school coach knew in advance.

If you think Louisville doesn't put on a good show, you should talk to some recruits. It does seem, however, that Walz is losing his touch lately, to be restored only if he lands Mercedes Russell.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Hooray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the UConn Family, Saniya. You made a great decision.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
As of now: guards on board when Saniya arrives:

senior: Bria Hartley
junior: Brianna Banks, KML [can be small forward also]
soph: Moriah Jefferson

PT is available her first year if she proves ready for it.

'Tis a gorgeous day in New England weatherwise and Saniya-wise.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO Saniya was a must get for Geno & coaching staff. She will provide much needed depth at guard and gain experience that will enable her to start when Bria graduates. I equate Saniya to Maria Conlon. Many questioned Maria on why she went to UConn because she would never start and some said she wasn't talented enough to play at UConn. Both are being said about Saniya. Here's hoping that Saniya is able to accomplish what Maria did.

Reaction Score
Not a surprise. We sat one section over from her at First Night, and it was obvious she was enjoying herself (and wearing UConn gear). Morgan and Moriah were sitting by her before autographs. Overall, I was very impressed with the visible chemistry on the girl's team. When Stewart missed her first three dunk attempts (none of them very close at all), Stef jumped right up to encourage and help her on her third attempt. Two side notes - the men didn't look great on their attempts either - all missing quite a few. And Stef Dolson just seems like the greatest kid - someone who loves life and you'd love to be around. Big, fun personality.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not a surprise. We sat one section over from her at First Night, and it was obvious she was enjoying herself (and wearing UConn gear). Morgan and Moriah were sitting by her before autographs. Overall, I was very impressed with the visible chemistry on the girl's team. When Stewart missed her first three dunk attempts (none of them very close at all), Stef jumped right up to encourage and help her on her third attempt. Two side notes - the men didn't look great on their attempts either - all missing quite a few. And Stef Dolson just seems like the greatest kid - someone who loves life and you'd love to be around. Big, fun personality.

Did Stewart throw any down? It has been stated by Doris Burke on multiple occasions that she dunks with ease.

Reaction Score
Did Stewart throw any down? It has been stated by Doris Burke on multiple occasions that she dunks with ease.

No, none, and she was not close on any. She just wasn't getting any lift on her jumps. Nerves before her first college crowd? The men were practicing but she was just dribbling beforehand, so perhaps she wasn't warmed up enough?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
FAN-FRIGGIN-TASTIC!!!

Love her quote:

"I would actually say this is something I didn't expect," Chong said while watching UConn practice on Saturday morning. "I didn't expect that I'd come here and absolutely love it this much. It's the perfect fit."

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Awesome news!!!!!!

After the Nats lost in stunning fashion last night, I needed some good news.

Saniya will be able to develop alongside some awesome guards who will really push her. Not to mention Shea and Geno. One thing we know is that she knows how to score. We can work on the rest of her game but as Geno has said, he looks for players who can put points on the board. She will provide great depth and could be a star down the road.

Welcome to the newest Husky!!!!!!

:)

Reaction Score
I am extremely pleased to see that she committed. I was at a meeting last night in Hartford and could not attend the First Night celebration but when I arrived home I checked on here hoping to see how it went and if anyone committed. This is an excellent addition to UCONN. I hope Chong likes it here and makes a huge impact the first time she steps on the court. :cool::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom