Chong and Stokes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chong and Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMHO I think Saniya and Kia will improve their performances as they get more minutes! UCONN doesn't need a hell of a lot from either girl. Saniya has to have 6 to 8 points, keep her turnovers down to 1 or 2 (which she already does), and have 4 to 5 assists! Kia has to have 4 to 8 points, 8+ rebounds, a couple of blocks, and basically clog up the middle!
It IS important that Banks stay healthy and add some speedy offense and the lock-down defense she showed before the ankle problems!
The starting other 4 will do the brunt of the "heavy lifting", Stewie, Bria MoJeff, and Stef will bring the tough offense and defense needed to win!

Reaction Score
Four shooters perhaps, but after watching them (UNC) play defense I think Geno was right is saying what he does about great shooters having trouble learning defense. Huskies have four shooters, but five outstanding defensive players on the floor at all times. Seems to make a huge difference, IMO. :cool:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
USF was willing to take chances yesterday jumping the gaps on a number of our passes. Williams did it out front at least twice and it happened at other places within the offense as well. The one post player at least twice jumped entry passes into Stef anticipating the pass. I would guess this was the result of pregame planning and USF's watching film.
its that weak hand-off crap that UConn does... and it doesnt help that Stokes was passing from just left of the 3pt line (just over half court) and dang near handed it to the USF player

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
its that weak hand-off crap that UConn does... and it doesnt help that Stokes was passing from just left of the 3pt line (just over half court) and dang near handed it to the USF player
I was thinking of some passes across the crown of the offense between the guards. Williams cut off two between Bria and Chong and someone else. Both were lazy sloppy passes that USF were ready to jump.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I thought it was Chong when it happened but after they finished trying to chase down the thief... I saw that it was Stokes, but it could've been Chong. I just know it was a bad pass

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I thought it was Chong when it happened but after they finished trying to chase down the thief... I saw that it was Stokes, but it could've been Chong. I just know it was a bad pass
You are right. It, also, happened with a pass from Saniya to Hartley with Williams going the other way. It happened a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom