Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Hey, did you folks know this:

2018-09-17_Chloe.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No. I thought she was still at UConn, though possibly in a different position.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Hey, did you folks know this:

Yeah, saw this and other of her tapes. She is doing the right thing by going to a lower key venue to hone her skills. She has a ways to go to match Justine Ward. Once she improves then she can try for a bigger venue.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Chloe wants to be a journalist.

Will we have a grad assistant this season?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Chloe wants to be a journalist.

Will we have a grad assistant this season?

Yes. UConn has grunt, "gopher" work and other ancillary duties and assignments designated for their grad assistants and team managers to handle. Things that need to be done, but are beneath a coach's valuable time and pay grade. A grad assistant position is a highly coveted position at any school.

In exchange for 20 hours of work per week, you get:
  • Free room and board (dorm/commons or student apartment)
  • Approximately $1500 cash a month.
  • Free tuition.
At the same time, you're working on your master's degree. Most grad assistant positions are only for two years. Most schools have grad assistant programs, some don't. These positions can be in any department, not just athletics.

The cost of tuition and fees of graduate degree programs varies greatly depending on the type of school and academic program. On average, annual tuition at public colleges and universities totals nearly $30,000 and at private schools nearly $40,000 as of Jan 9, 2018. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
No. I thought she was still at UConn, though possibly in a different position.

She came in right behind Jasmine Lister. Her 2 years are up. She got her masters degree, and has moved on. I'm sure she will resurface again down the road. I wish her all the best. Lister wanted to become an assistant coach, she did. Pavlech wants to be a broadcast journalist, I'm sure she will. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Right, but I didn’t see any announcement that she was leaving.

I’m available this year. ;)

Grad assistant positions are not newsworthy. You'll only notice them while they're in public view (on the bench during games). Grad assistants are like a thief in the night. You won't see/hear them come or go. :eek:

I'm available too. I've got 20 hours a week I can spare. My oldest granddaughter is a college senior this year (yeaa :) ). She's looking for one right now. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Grad assistant positions are not newsworthy. You'll only notice them while they're there. You won't see/hear them come or go. I'm available too. I've got 20 hours a week I can spare. My oldest granddaughter is a college senior this year (yeaa :) ). She's looking for one right now. :cool:
Cool! Congrats!

My oldest granddaughter is a sophomore at Marquette. Her sister is on the #27 club soccer team in the country and has some scholarship offers. Their cousins are just 3 and 5, but I expect Jeff Walz to be recruiting Rosie. Mom is 5’11” and Dad is 6’4”. Rosie is off the growth chart.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Cool! Congrats!

My oldest granddaughter is a sophomore at Marquette. Her sister is on the #27 club soccer team in the country and has some scholarship offers. Their cousins are just 3 and 5, but I expect Jeff Walz to be recruiting Rosie. Mom is 5’11” and Dad is 6’4”. Rosie is off the growth chart.

As I have said many times in past posts, Walz has no shame to his game. Walz recruits them young. Based on "perceived" superior athletic genes passed on by her parents, he'll offer a kid still in the womb if he thinks he can land her and she can help his program win. :confused:

Reaction Score
My daughter wants to be a grad assistant. She’s doing her research. But there won’t be any openings until she graduates or around there

Carnac

Reaction Score
My daughter wants to be a grad assistant. She’s doing her research. But there won’t be any openings until she graduates or around there

It's like assistant coaching positions in the NFL every year. Lots of applicants for a scant few positions.

Reaction Score
Cool! Congrats!

Congrats--very cool!! The basketball court at Marquette is named after one of my 3 favorite New Yorkers--and the man that put colors in Basketball Uniforms--COOL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom