Chip Malafronte passes away | The Boneyard

Chip Malafronte passes away

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Way too young, RIP Chip. Love and prayers out to your friends and family.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
OMG I am so sorry to hear this as he was one of the good one's.

My prayers are with his family RIP Chip

Reaction Score
Chip couldn’t have been more then 35? Did he die of Covid 19??

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Chip couldn’t have been more then 35? Did he die of Covid 19??

I was curious how old he was too so I looked up his LinkedIn. It says he graduated from Central in 94 so he was probably late 40's. As someone who graduated UConn in 92, that's still way too young and hits home even more.

Reaction Score
That's really sad to hear.

I always thought he showed the best insight of the beat writers and had a great sense of humor. He was always a great read.

RIP Chip.

Yes, "Ramblings from the runway" was my favorite UCONN football coverage not just for the information but because of Chip's sense of humor.

Very sad. RIP Chip.

Brings back memories of losing the Register's Dave Solomon in a car accident.

Reaction Score
Tough hearing the news about Chip Malafronte. So many are dying much too soon. RIP Chip. Condolences to his family.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yes, "Ramblings from the runway" was my favorite UCONN football coverage not just for the information but because of Chip's sense of humor.

Very sad. RIP Chip.

Brings back memories of losing the Register's Dave Solomon in a car accident.
Yes...that's what it was called... Ramblings from the Runway. As opposed to another infamous beat reporter, Chip had great perspective and was fun to read.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I am Profoundly sad to hear this. I hadn’t talked with him in awhile and didn’t know he was ill. So many fun times we had on the road when we were on football beat. He was as funny in person as he was in print.

I remember how proud he was to have a son...What a great guy and really terrible news. So sad for his family and register colleagues. Everyone liked Chip.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am Profoundly sad to hear this. I hadn’t talked with him in awhile and didn’t know he was ill. So many fun times we had on the road when we were on football beat. He was as funny in person as he was in print.

I remember how proud he was to have a son...What a great guy and really terrible news. So sad for his family and register colleagues. Everyone liked Chip.
As opposed to another infamous beat reporter, Chip had great perspective and was fun to read.
That wasn't referring to you John ;)

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Condolences to his family.

Always a insightful take. The UConn Nation will miss his contribution.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Very sad to see this story on the news just now. Rest in Peace, Chip. Peace to all his family and friends.

48?

Reaction Score
That wasn't referring to you John ;)
I know. Just really sad here. Goodness, was out at dinner last night and told story about eating suicide wings at a bar About 12 years ago In Pittsburgh. Chip blogged about it and still laugh at the post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom