China v Australia at halftime | The Boneyard

China v Australia at halftime

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
China up 36-35. Australia should win this game but it won't be easy (nothing has been easy for this Aussie bunch). Australia scoring mostly in the paint (no surprise); struggling w/ its jumpers (mid- and long-range).

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I actually think China can pull this one out. The Aussie are struggling with China's speed, and China was able to take the lead with their stars on the bench.

Reaction Score
Australia isn't anything close to the same team without Penny Taylor. She's the best player in the world that no one talks about.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
China couldn't throw it in the ocean in the second half. Lot of standing around by both teams. Australia is probably going to get run off the floor.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
China had no answer for Cambage. But Australia is going to get blown out by the US.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Australia's guards couldn't make a perimeter shot if their lives depended on it. Of course, they'll probably shoot lights out against the US...then again, I doubt it.

It'll be interesting to see who starts for the US and how it will defend Jackson and Cambage. I didn't watch the start of the Aus-China game, but Cambage came off the bench in the second half and Batkovic started. My guess is that Geno will try defending Cambage with Tina/Sylvia straight up (pushing her out of the post as much as possible) and see whether he needs to bring help. The problem for Australia is that it doesn't have enough good shooters to make teams pay for helping on its post players.

Australia's only chance is to turn the game in to a half-court scrum. The US will counter by putting a lot of pressure on Australia's mediocre guards.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Do the Aussies play Cambage and Jackson at the same time?

Yes, and they did today. Both have been starters and perhaps were in today's game. As I mentioned, Cambage didn't start the 2nd half.

But they definitely play together. Jackson is probably Australia's most consistent 3-point shooter.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, we now have two data points against common opponents: Canada and China. Team USA beat both of those teams by a combined 763 points, and Australia was challenged by both. Certainly not something that would give me much confidence if I were an Opal, but I also imagine Team USA will get the Opals' best game. Sylvia looked good today, which gives me some additional confidence.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well, we now have two data points against common opponents: Canada and China. Team USA beat both of those teams by a combined 763 points, and Australia was challenged by both. Certainly not something that would give me much confidence if I were an Opal, but I also imagine Team USA will get the Opals' best game. Sylvia looked good today, which gives me some additional confidence.
Wow!! :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Anytime you average just under 100 points per quarter you are going to win most games. ;>}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom