Chillious | The Boneyard

Chillious

C

Chief00

The good news is that we have an AD with balls, who did not let a ridiculous secondary NCAA violation stand in the way of landing a big time recruiter. The two gaps I think we have in the coaching staff is Bigs and X's and O's although I understand KO feels Killings can take some of that.
So now that we passed the NCAA violation barrier, can we also pass the $10 misdomeander from 13 years ago barrier and hire Clyde. That would solve the Bigs problem. If we did that, I think that would give us the UConn swagger again.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Do you know what Clyde is up to these days?

Reaction Score
The good news is that we have an AD with balls, who did not let a ridiculous secondary NCAA violation stand in the way of landing a big time recruiter.

That was more than 5 years ago and even at the time everyone acknowledged that it was an absurd "violation." You're reaching.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Do you know what Clyde is up to these days?

He's had plenty of time for travel. He's likely been around the world several times since he left.

Reaction Score
You are joking with the Clyde thing right? The man was a good coach and I hope he's doing well, but it would be impossible for that rehire to take place, especially in Connecticut. Even if they tried, the governer would shut it down. No reason to go down that road....but I'm sure you're joking..I think

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You are joking with the Clyde thing right? The man was a good coach and I hope he's doing well, but it would be impossible for that rehire to take place, especially in Connecticut. Even if they tried, the governer would shut it down. No reason to go down that road....but I'm sure you're joking..I think

I'm not sure how much authority the governor has in a college basketball hire.

Reaction Score
The good news is that we have an AD with balls, who did not let a ridiculous secondary NCAA violation stand in the way of landing a big time recruiter. The two gaps I think we have in the coaching staff is Bigs and X's and O's although I understand KO feels Killings can take some of that.
So now that we passed the NCAA violation barrier, can we also pass the $10 misdomeander from 13 years ago barrier and hire Clyde. That would solve the Bigs problem. If we did that, I think that would give us the UConn swagger again.

I'd like to see Freeman somehow move into a coaching position and work with the bigs. He was an undersized PF, but he was always effective around the hoop, and an excellent rebounder.

Reaction Score
I know what you mean but here in CT we have a few examples of 2nd chances, namely politicians.

There is a certain mayor who was re-elected after a certain stint in the slammer. So CT has lost that impossibility statement.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how much authority the governor has in a college basketball hire.
... but a state in which the state ethics committee is all sorts of worked up about nepotism regarding a $95K / season assistant football coach ...;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's had plenty of time for travel. He's likely been around the world several times since he left.

Visiting the finest brothels in Thailand, the Philippines, Colombia and Brazil!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Outside of Chicago - last time we hooked up. Not far from where Boatshow is from.

This interview may give you another side to Clyde - it's amazing dudes that don't know him on this board are always talking him down.
Clyde Vaughan Talks Basketball

Nobody talks him down. I think most liked Clyde. It's simply the fact that you give him far, far too much credit (probably because you like him personally) He was here for two years. UCONN has decades upon decades of quality interior play. He wasn't the magic elixir. Would I take him to coach the bigs? Sure why not. But to pretend there aren't 50 other guys out there who couldn't do the same thing is just nuts.

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
A victimless crime (unless it's sex slavery of course). I've always found it amazing that people can be paid to perform with multiple partners in a p-0r-n film but if one consenting adult accepts money from another consenting adult for a single act it's a crime. Our laws are so screwed up. Just sayin'.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
A victimless crime (unless it's sex slavery of course). I've always found it amazing that people can be paid to perform with multiple partners in a prom film but if one consenting adult accepts money from another consenting adult for a single act it's a crime. Our laws are so screwed up. Just sayin'.

I'm not knocking it, just having a laugh. But the reality is this, if it's illegal, and you are in a position to be affected by that, don't do it.

It's like Josh Gordon with weed. I could care less who smokes weed in a vacuum. But if you've got multimillion dollar contracts on the line, put the pipe down.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I like you and I get a kick out of the long troll....

But your slip completely shows with posts like these.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I like you and I get a kick out of the long troll....

But your slip completely shows with posts like these.

His attention to continuity and dedication to the character are truly impressive

Reaction Score
Outside of Chicago - last time we hooked up. Not far from where Boatshow is from.

This interview may give you another side to Clyde - it's amazing dudes that don't know him on this board are always talking him down.
Clyde Vaughan Talks Basketball

Hooking up with Clyde Vaughn. Ever cooler than hanging wit da bitches. Chief just upped the ante.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom