Chill | The Boneyard

Chill

Reaction Score
Yeah Definitely not our best performance.....Turn the page, time to see who steps up with rese out. Adama needs to be better out of doubles. Sloppy game, team was so obviously tired, always bumps in the road. UConn is better than this, which will probably be our worst win. Time to get Sool some burn, nothing's really that different though

Reaction Score
We were tired and flat coming off the quick turnaround from the Bahamas where we played 3 grueling games. No Martin, Adama's back tightens up and barely plays the 2nd half. UMES plays as good as they can and shoots really well. I expected us to be flat and play tired tonight and that was before I knew about the injuries. I did not expect it to be this ugly or comepetitive but we won. Get some rest and then get back to work. There is a ton to work on.

Reaction Score
We were tired and flat coming off the quick turnaround from the Bahamas where we played 3 grueling games. No Martin, Adama's back tightens up and barely plays the 2nd half. UMES plays as good as they can and shoots really well. I expected us to be flat and play tired tonight and that was before I knew about the injuries. I did not expect it to be this ugly or comepetitive but we won. Get some rest and then get back to work. There is a ton to work on.
To your point on the quick turnaround from the Bahamas. The team got back to CT on Saturday? Whenever we play at the XL, the team stays in Hartford the night before. So, that gave them only one full day (Sunday) to rest before it was literally hitting the road again.

Reaction Score
To your point on the quick turnaround from the Bahamas. The team got back to CT on Saturday? Whenever we play at the XL, the team stays in Hartford the night before. So, that gave them only one full day (Sunday) to rest before it was literally hitting the road again.
Are you sure about this? It was definitely not the case when I was at school 12 years ago.

Reaction Score
Are you sure about this? It was definitely not the case when I was at school 12 years ago.
Pretty sure…I actually read about that in Jim Calhoun’s book. I was surprised because I never knew that. Maybe things have changed, but I guess It makes sense, especially for those games that start at noon.

Reaction Score
College kids tired, is everyone in this thread Billy Packer?!

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Pretty sure…I actually read about that in Jim Calhoun’s book. I was surprised because I never knew that. Maybe things have changed, but I guess It makes sense, especially for those games that start at noon.
Maybe it’s supposed to bring the team together in focus? I think a night in their own bed would be better but who knows.

Living in Auburn something I always thought was strange is the football team (not sure about hoops) would stay in Montgomery, about 45 minutes down the road, the night before gameday. Maybe there’s something to getting them all together?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

So team returned from Bahamas on Saturday and made it to Storrs. Spent Sunday in Storrs and Monday in Storrs.
Some time Monday afternoon they made a trip from Storrs to Hartford, spent the night in a hotel and then had to play one of the worst D1 teams on Monday.
Rough life.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Maybe it’s supposed to bring the team together in focus? I think a night in their own bed would be better but who knows.

Living in Auburn something I always thought was strange is the football team (not sure about hoops) would stay in Montgomery, about 45 minutes down the road, the night before gameday. Maybe there’s something to getting them all together?
Together. And away from parties and their SO's.

Reaction Score

I thought It was strange and probably feels more like a road game traveling the day before a game and spending the night in a hotel. But, I guess it’s more important keeping the guys together and away from any distractions the night before a game.

Reaction Score
I get not up for a game and without Martin but to give up 47% to a team that even after todays game is 354 out of 358 in AdjO on Kenpom in inexcusable for a top 20 team. This is like almost losing to Central.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom