Chief's Briefs | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I am not going to over-analyze -we should have won in regulation and never should have tied in the 3rd OT. Just enjoy the moment and get ready for war tomorrow.

Before the game I said Cincy was our toughest match-up and if we could survive we would best Temple. Never thought it would be 4 OT's though.

The kids won't be tired physically - it's all mental.

My three takeaways -
1) Loved when Adams waved off Hamilton and basically said you take it out - I will win it - that shows moxie. And that's the alpha dog everyone been waiting to see. Quite frankly, that reminds me of when KC drew up a play at the end of a tight game and Larry Bird told DJ F it just give me the ball.

2) Second take away Hamilton got his confidence back.

3) Must admit Brimah changed shots at end - as much as he frustrates me you can't underestimate that.

Reaction Score
I just rewatched the game and I swear I could see some serious killer instinct coming out....like we had tasted blood and finally decided that we liked it. I feel like we may have learned how to win tonight.

Reaction Score
@Chief00 threw you another like for this brief. My briefs were all in a bunch listening to the this game on the radio while driving. Your analysis however I think is good. I've been banging the Jalen drum for weeks and couldn't have been more happy he came through. Even if you throw out the lucky prayer shot he made to eventually bring us the win he had a great game. Brimah had many non productive minutes tonight however started blocking and changing shots late in the game that were key to the win and Hamilton ultimately did play well. Let's get another win tomorrow so another positive brief will be in our future!

Reaction Score

3) Must admit Brimah changed shots at end - as much as he frustrates me you can't underestimate that.

These are great points. Brimah was the primary reason Cincy missed at the end of regulation, the primary reason Cincy missed at the end of the 1st OT, and the primary reason we overcame a 4 point deficit in the 2nd OT.

It was overshadowed by the Adams heroics, but Hamilton had a near pantheon game. He was outstanding, aggressive in general and decisive when he decided to shoot. 32, 12 and 8 with very good defense and only 1 turnover in 55 minutes. Most importantly, two HUGE shots in winning time that actually resulted in us winning. Been waiting for DHam to make positive plays in winning time all year, he has the talent, hopefully he can feed on this confidence and become the monster he's shown the potential to be.

C

Chief00

We had a great time joking that JC messed up saying Hamilton go through not go to player at half - Hamilton then scored a ton of points. Seriously, I had agreed with JC but Hamilton piled up some points after that.

C

Chief00

In fairness, I was the one who encouraged him to go with the Chief's Briefs branding, so I feel a little bit like I have something at stake too. Some skin in the game, if you will.
As President Kennedy once said - success has a thousand fathers and failure is an orphan - Chief knows a little history too!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I am not going to over-analyze -we should have won in regulation and never should have tied in the 3rd OT. Just enjoy the moment and get ready for war tomorrow.

Before the game I said Cincy was our toughest match-up and if we could survive we would best Temple. Never thought it would be 4 OT's though.

The kids won't be tired physically - it's all mental.

My three takeaways -
1) Loved when Adams waved off Hamilton and basically said you take it out - I will win it - that shows moxie. And that's the alpha dog everyone been waiting to see. Quite frankly, that reminds me of when KC drew up a play at the end of a tight game and Larry Bird told DJ F it just give me the ball.

The Shot was definitely the highlight of the game, but there was a shot that Jalen took - Ithink in the early OT - when he did a little Kemba step back and hit a three. It wasn't totally Kemba-esque but he's just a Freshman!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We had a great time joking that JC messed up saying Hamilton go through not go to player at half - Hamilton then scored a ton of points. Seriously, I had agreed with JC but Hamilton piled up some points after that.
Calhoun would have been better off saying, "I don't know what to make of this team. Maybe we should just let Miller & Purvis foul out. Have Hamilton & Adams take bad shots and leave it to them to make follow up shots afterward. Heck, let Cincinnati score 97 points, just as long as we score more. But keep making the foul shots, definitely that. "

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

He damn near broke the floor boards with that one block.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That was just some sly JC reverse mojo. The man's a master, even in the studio.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I must say that Chief's late internet career renaissance has been very enjoyable. He's become part of the joke instead of taking himself too seriously. Kinda like how Goulet and Shatner did it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3