Chief's Briefs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Did you miss the drop step poster vs Ohio state on like the first possession? He is a very good post player and in the words of JC he needs to ax the the "lulls" and actually increase his usage ; get up more shots. He often drifts in games probably because he hasn't played at this high of a level (meaningfully). Currently our best scoring option no doubt , would love for him to screen harder and pop for open mid range jumpers. Uconns spacing is fine (purvis and Gibbs are excellent long range guys) but the bigs and hamilton need to screen at a higher level.

This is an understatement. I downright cringed at couple of Amida's screens against OSU. Say what you want about Phil, but he sets a mean screen. They need to package that and put it in Amida's gatorade.

Reaction Score
This is an understatement. I downright cringed at couple of Amida's screens against OSU. Say what you want about Phil, but he sets a mean screen. They need to package that and put it in Amida's gatorade.
Phil is a terrific screen setter , no doubt . I would guess it's in the same skillset section as his footwork on rotations to take charges . The thing is he is a disaster when he catches the ball in any scenerio , and his defensive footwork is mitigated by his lack of rim protection. Reminds me of olander in that vein , olander however was just a way more capable offensive player (jumpers , deep post hooks).

When amida sets a good screen the other players really get great looks due to deep penetration. However I understand why he is in a hurry to slip screens, one of the best lob catchers in the country. Needs to pick n chose better tho

C

Chief00

But you're the dude who thinks that coed ___ they do at First Night is real basketball so I wouldn't expect you to have picked up on it.

You must be pulling my leg or the security guards at MSG worked you over - Chief has never been to First Night!

C

Chief00

But, I have also never criticized the fans who like it - good for them - UConn needs those fans.
Personally I would rather watch the 2x2 box out rebounding drills that KO had before the OSU game than First Night. But that just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom