Chief's Briefs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I thought he got hit in the nuts. Pretty sure there is no concussion protocol for the family jewels.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It's almost as if some posters intentionally post the same prevailing thoughts with the intent to spark a controversy.

It's ALMOST as if that's happening.

Reaction Score
So now you are advocating taking a player at his word on these matters, what a change!!!
Because a player says he fine ignore any testing.
Why can't we be honest about what happened? A new practice that got preverted into ridiculous territory and was broken got fixed.
Here comes the patented pivot and spin. His discomfort was evaluated not ignored.
So are you saying Adams, Vital and Jackson all had concussions and were all allowed to return in a week to unlimited game level activity? If so they are writing an interesting medical book.

You do realize there are different grades of concussions?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Brimah, Facey and Enoch - I just looked at the boxscore and while Brimah did make a couple plays late in the game - their production is no where what it needs to be. The bottomline is they have not developed like former UConn Bigs. I am stating the obvious - Coach Miller thank you for your service - we need to go in a different direction.

Why would you include Enoch in there? Not remotely a finished product. Remember guys like Hilton and Edwards. Not a lot of decent production until senior year. Similar to Facey actually.

Brimah? Who knows what's going on there.

How do you know Miller is the definitive big man coach?

Reaction Score
So now you are advocating taking a player at his word on these matters, what a change!!!
Because a player says he fine ignore any testing.
Why can't we be honest about what happened? A new practice that got preverted into ridiculous territory and was broken got fixed.

It's obvious you really don't have any idea what the phrase "concussion protocol" means or how any of this works. You should go back to Dyson, Travis Ilian, or Miller's "gimmick zones."

Reaction Score
Very shady, you reply to me and include a quote "ignore the protocol" that was from another poster but you implied those were my words. This "jeopardizing the kids life" is extreme hyperbole. I said UConn has made adjustments to their process which was not effective and produced 100% false positives. Given the results it was reasonable to make mid course corrections.

Your words --> To me the turning point in this game was when Rodney had his collision and they did not instantly go into the knee jerk ridiculous concussion protocol

They did not instantly go into the protocol... You are implying the protocol is dumb and should be ignored, no? The fact that he went to the locker room and was evaluated seems to escape your understanding. But that's nothing new.

The "jeopardizing the kid's life" idea comes from a previous thread where you advocated playing Vital, who suffered a concussion, and your complete inability to understand what Second Impact Syndrome is even when two doctor's chimed in to tell you that you were wrong. If this is all part of your "act," then it's just gotten so old. If you are real, then I really feel for you.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Your words --> To me the turning point in this game was when Rodney had his collision and they did not instantly go into the knee jerk ridiculous concussion protocol

They did not instantly go into the protocol... You are implying the protocol is dumb and should be ignored, no? The fact that he went to the locker room and was evaluated seems to escape your understanding. But that's nothing new.

The "jeopardizing the kid's life" idea comes from a previous thread where you advocated playing Vital, who suffered a concussion, and your complete inability to understand what Second Impact Syndrome is even when two doctor's chimed in to tell you that you were wrong. If this is all part of your "act," then it's just gotten so old. If you are real, then I really feel for you.

It's OK...Chief stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

With Andre Drummond.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom