Chief's Briefs | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

UConn won as Chief predicted in a thread before the game. Good defense the last few minutes. Overall we need to shoot better and turn the ball over less. Left some points on the line tonight as well.

Brimah's defense and rebounding were better but unless he's dunking he doesn't catch and finish around the basket. Missed a key foul shot and somehow ends up 20 feet away from the basket too often on defense. Bottomline, as a senior he must play smarter.

Larrier played pretty good - they need to incorporate him into the offense more.

Adams needs to shoot better and turn the ball over less. I thought he showed some leadership especially when Al went down.

Purvis played well in the exhibition games but seems really out of sorts the last 3 games. For Purvis it's a lot about his feet positioning on the 3 point line - and also how he receives the pass - so passes have to be well delivered.

Not sure what the deal is on Enoch? - I was hoping for more this year. Coaches don't seem to have confidence in him.

With Al's shoulder situation CV will play a more critical role going forward. As a team they still need to search out the open man more.

Facey showed some life on the boards but still has a lot of work to do to play a complete game.

Reaction Score
Brimah is playing with more enthusiasm than anyone else. Running the break, rebounding much better, and blocking shots.
Facey is being aggressive on offense and defense. Even Tim Welch commented on how immediate his moves to the hoop are. They're just not falling.
Larrier is really good. Very athletic and skilled A little quick on the trigger.
Adams is playing well. Needs to play with more patience and control except on the break.
Purvis does not have shots falling; something is wrong there.
Enoch is not in the game long enough due to fouling to see.
Vital is a pleasant surprise. Spreads the court with those 3's. Good ball handler.
Gilbert was looking the best he's looked until the injury. He is the stabilizer and team shot creator.
Jackson will continue to get better and/ or show more game. He's going to make shots and he is not mistake prone.
Durham I would like to see more of. I'm not sure what Ollie is waiting on. Juwan's upside in all areas is tremendous.

Reaction Score
Would love to see Enoch play a solid 10 minute stretch. So hard to judge him when he only gets a few minutes here an there. Its so difficult to come in off the bench an produce right away in any sport so I'm hoping thats his problem an not a 4 year disappointment, fingers crossed. I know when I played soccer at Central a few years ago it was always hard for me to come in off the bench an make an impact after starting all throughout high school and club teams, just a different mentality, mostly mental but it really gets you out of the flow.

Reaction Score
Chief, you raise a good point about Purvis. Something is wrong with him. I don't know if its an injury or what, but he isn't right. He has shown that he can play much better than this 3 game stretch would suggest.

He has a finite number of games left to get back to what he was. He has overseas potential if he gets things worked out.

Reaction Score
Chief, you raise a good point about Purvis. Something is wrong with him. I don't know if its an injury or what, but he isn't right. He has shown that he can play much better than this 3 game stretch would suggest.

He has a finite number of games left to get back to what he was. He has overseas potential if he gets things worked out.
Ever since bunkey left.... sigh

C

Chief00

There was a rumor on campus that Bunkey had moved back to Storrs - I had to tell the kid - Not true.
Apparently, started with a picture on social media when he recently visited. I wish it was true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom