Chief Briefs - Miami Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief Briefs - Miami Edition

Reaction Score
I thought Hurley did a good job calling a timeout, quicker than he’s done in the past, when Miami came back the second half.

Two things to work on for Monday night. We gave up too many second chances (14 offensive rebounds) and we had too many turnovers (15).

Reaction Score
I really liked the emphasis of defensively getting into driving lanes with good help man defense...this has not been the case all season, as we normally deny 3 pt line and rely on 1 on 1 defensive stops.... think st johns layup line loss....it was our fatal flaw during swoon IMO

the fact that Danny has moved the philosophy subtly is making all the difference...think of Adama blocking shots last 2 games...that stifling HELP man leads to Arkansas & Miami just looking out of sorts...coaching is adjustments, and this staff is coaching their ass off

Reaction Score
We have the offense. From so many angles. So what this comes down to is defense, rebounding. Sounds simple and it is. It’s Hurley’s calling card and he said so last night. We need 40 minutes of elite defense to cut the nets down. FAU let SDSU get a lot of clean shots and I hope we won’t.

Reaction Score
There were a few times this year where Hurley could’ve given up on Alleyne and/or Joey. To have them both playing with confidence right now is important. alleyne had a few shots which seemingly stopped a Miami mini-run

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
40 minutes to the NC.

Turnovers kept Miami in the game. We have twice as many turnovers as Miami. I was concerned they could break us down off the dribble but that never really materialize. So give our defense credit.

However they have no answers against our two wonderful Centers who shot 80+.

Adama is the money player in the tournament and hats off to Hawkins who played hurt today.

I thought Karaban played a good rebound game with 9, second to Adama with 10. Additionally as a team we shot 12% better from the field.

Hats off to the bench who contributed 17 points. Hawkins had 13 despite his illness.

We will win Monday! We had 19 assists vs. 10. Displaying our unselfish team play.
Speaking of Karaban. Time running down for the half and I am yelling "get it it Karaban!!!" How many times this year has he buried the buzzer three at the half. AMAZING. I know of three. I think last night it was designed play.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Karaban. Time running down for the half and I am yelling "get it it Karaban!!!" How many times this year has he buried the buzzer three at the half. AMAZING. I know of three. I think last night it was designed play.
It was, we’ve seen it before.

Reaction Score
Alex has ice in his veins.

Reaction Score
There were a few times this year where Hurley could’ve given up on Alleyne and/or Joey. To have them both playing with confidence right now is important. alleyne had a few shots which seemingly stopped a Miami mini-run
Alleyne and Joey C have had a rebirth the last several games. When they play well, we are really difficult to beat.

KeyWestUC

Southernmost UCONN
Reaction Score
That seems to be "Karaban Time" for good now. First thing I said at the start of the play! Awesome that it happened!

Reaction Score
Defense, Rebounding, and make your Free Throws. Winning Formula. One more to go. Nobody is satisfied. GREAT BRIEFS .
Thank you. At this point, I am torn between just enjoying the game or doing the analysis.
We can’t apply any learnings from the next game for quite awhile.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
If one play cemented the win when Miami threatened to make a game out of it, it was Joey stripping Wong on the fast break. Joey has worked his butt off to become a better defender over the course of the year. And Alleyne didn’t let his inability to hit a 3 today stop him from defending, rebounding and scoring from in close.
Remember when people were saying he could only play mid-majors? Yes, he had a rough patch, but he still had games 1-13. He has bounced back great.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
UConn, over the last few games has been really good about not getting flustered for more than a minute here or there. Pressure really hasn't bothered Newton and Jackson so far.
IIRC, They tried to full court press three times. Two of them ended with Ajax stuffing the ball. And the press was put away for another game, maybe next season.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
IIRC.. So was Castle after the Burger Boy event..
Not sure he made it to the weekend. Maybe . But talk after McD was his parents had to make it back home before the FF games. Don’t know if anything changed after that

Reaction Score
Backing off the double big thing?
Why? They keep putting up great numbers? Why wouldn’t we want that for more minutes? If you think Donovan did not impact Miami’s usually success drives, you were not doing the eyeball test Chief did.
There is a reason they missed layups. Adama was an intimidator as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom