Chief Briefs - Miami Edition | The Boneyard

Chief Briefs - Miami Edition

Reaction Score
40 minutes to the NC.

Turnovers kept Miami in the game. We have twice as many turnovers as Miami. I was concerned they could break us down off the dribble but that never really materialize. So give our defense credit.

However they have no answers against our two wonderful Centers who shot 80+.

Adama is the money player in the tournament and hats off to Hawkins who played hurt today.

I thought Karaban played a good rebound game with 9, second to Adama with 10. Additionally as a team we shot 12% better from the field.

Hats off to the bench who contributed 17 points. Hawkins had 13 despite his illness.

We will win Monday! We had 19 assists vs. 10. Displaying our unselfish team play.

Reaction Score
I admit I'm on the football side and not the biggest fan of basketball and I was a grad Monday. So im not that invested. Etc.

Love that you guys are having fun. Finish it off on monday. My heart can't follow you guys to that level but it is fun watching it.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Karaban got credit for that tip in the last couple of minutes to Sanogo. He's very good at recognizeing a ball he can't rebound, but can tip to a teammate. It's really a rebound and assist.

Alleyne was solid at both ends.

Just get Hawk hydrated and make sure the bug doesn't spread. Take care of the ball on Monday and just hope they don't have a team stinker night shooting and keep playing that defense they've been playing. As JC used to say often.. just keep on keepin' on.

Reaction Score
Give Joey C and Alleyne credit on defense.
If one play cemented the win when Miami threatened to make a game out of it, it was Joey stripping Wong on the fast break. Joey has worked his butt off to become a better defender over the course of the year. And Alleyne didn’t let his inability to hit a 3 today stop him from defending, rebounding and scoring from in close.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If one play cemented the win when Miami threatened to make a game out of it, it was Joey striping Wong on the fast break. Joey has worked his butt off to become a better defender over the course of the year. And Alleyne didn’t let his inability to hit a 3 today stop him from defending, rebounding and scoring from in close.
Good call. UConn cannot let San Diego State’s D frustrate them to the point that they don’t play D. As Rick Pitino has said, “ when you play tough defensive teams your offense won’t look pretty or flow like you want it t. You have to play better defense than them”.

Reaction Score
If one play cemented the win when Miami threatened to make a game out of it, it was Joey striping Wong on the fast break. Joey has worked his butt off to become a better defender over the course of the year. And Alleyne didn’t let his inability to hit a 3 today stop him from defending, rebounding and scoring from in close.
All good points. They had 3 guys who could, in theory, break us down on a dribble and none did.

Reaction Score
40 minutes to the NC.

Turnovers kept Miami in the game. We have twice as many turnovers as Miami. I was concerned they could break us down off the dribble but that never really materialize. So give our defense credit.

However they have no answers against our two wonderful Centers who shot 80+.

Adama is the money player in the tournament and hats off to Hawkins who played hurt today.

I thought Karaban played a good rebound game with 9, second to Adama with 10. Additionally as a team we shot 12% better from the field.

Hats off to the bench who contributed 17 points. Hawkins had 13 despite his illness.

We will win Monday! We had 19 assists vs. 10. Displaying our unselfish team play.
How about Joey's defense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hawkins hitting a 3 early was great. Gave the illusion of him being ready to impact the game for 40 minutes. He played well in spurts and this was the best we could hope from him tonight.

Joey California with a great stop on Wong on the fast break. Every game some poster on the BY will bring up a match up and say Joey C will be a defensive liability. When was the last game Joey C didn't hold his own?

The U was petrified of challenging Cling Kong.

What a game of efficiency for Adama. How in the hell was he ground bound for most of January and unable to lift off from the floor in those early BE losses?

They tried to press when Jackson was in the game. We've seen this movie before.

Karaban was ice cold with his shooting and his rebounding. When UConn had the ball to end the first half I said it's incredible that UConn has mutliple shooters on the floor who have ended the half with a 3.

Great game plan by the staff and thanks to the players for executing it.

Reaction Score
All good points. They had 3 guys who could, in theory, break us down on a dribble and none did.
Our on ball defense was incredible. They got some out in transition, but in the halfcourt didn't beat us to the rim or even the midrange.

CBS kept making a big deal out of their missed layups, as if our defense had nothing do with it.

Reaction Score
Certainly the second unit captains

Reaction Score
Hawkins hitting a 3 early was great. Gave the illusion of him being ready to impact the game for 40 minutes. He played well in spurts and this was the best we could hope from him tonight.

Joey California with a great stop on Wong on the fast break. Every game some poster on the BY will bring up a match up and say Joey C will be a defensive liability. When was the last game Joey C didn't hold his own?

The U was petrified of challenging Cling Kong.

What a game of efficiency for Adama. How in the hell was he ground bound for most of January and unable to lift off from the floor in those early BE losses?

They tried to press when Jackson was in the game. We've seen this movie before.

Karaban was ice cold with his shooting and his rebounding. When UConn had the ball to end the first half I said it's incredible that UConn has mutliple shooters on the floor who have ended the half with a 3.

Great game plan by the staff and thanks to the players for executing it.
Excellent post especially the point in the first paragraph. According to Hurley Hawk was wiped out physically. Here is hoping for him to be 100% on Monday night.

Reaction Score
Our on ball defense was incredible. They got some out in transition, but in the halfcourt didn't beat us to the rim or even the midrange.

CBS kept making a big deal out of their missed layups, as if our defense had nothing do with it.
Sanogo turned wonh away like 3 times and Hawkins held his own again the center line 3 times

Reaction Score
I gave Joey and Alleyne credit for their defense.
That is going to be key. San Diego St. makes the game unfun per se. if the offense isn’t flowing UConn cannot let that affect their defensive intensity and focus.

Alleyne is always good in this regard.

caw

Reaction Score
That is going to be key. San Diego St. makes the game unfun per se. if the offense isn’t flowing UConn cannot let that affect their defensive intensity and focus.

Alleyne is always good in this regard.

UConn, over the last few games has been really good about not getting flustered for more than a minute here or there. Pressure really hasn't bothered Newton and Jackson so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom